• At the Mosquito trainer demo evening, there was a chap who spoke about his "Stealth" sports nutrition brand. He described the article. It seems like what was found was pretty much as you describe: if you choose fast food items that provide the same nutrition as you might find in a sports product, you get the same results.

I doubt this is garbage. Looking past the headlines it's not too hard to see that there's no real health comparison. There is though, I think, some dispelling of the idea that special products provide lots more than can be achieved through other means.

I found a quote apparently from one of the authors of the study:

"A lot of the articles out there are totally misrepresenting the study," he said. "We had participants eating small servings of the fast-food products, not giant orders of burgers and fries. Moderation is the key to the results we got."

'course, with the 4-up TTT in mind, I'd suggest that swift teams should go with pre-race giant orders of burgers and fries (kg rather than g).

• I called the study garbage because of the design, but I agree with Your point that special product does not always come with better results. I guess the idea behind is to show that food supplements are no better than fast food in short run, but You can also read it as : 'wow, big macs are great recovery food, not as bad as everybody says'.
    Well, they're bad, no matter what compared with.

I would like to see more attempts on that subject, maybe designed a little bit better, with control group having a balanced diet , and economical aspect taken into account as well.

About

Avatar for Dorian. @Dorian. started