You are reading a single comment by @Lew and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi everyone

Can anyone recommend an option for me? I'd like to join ICC, I'm a Holloway resident and I'm looking for ways I can do more cycling - I got back from the Etape two weeks ago and I'm a bit sick of going out on my own! Should I come along on the intro ride next week? I'm fairly comfortable with group riding at a decent speed but maybe my signs need some work.

• Hi Lew,

Apologies for the late reply. Check if there are any places available on the next intro ride. If there aren't and you're confident you can ride in a group safely, feel free to come along on a club ride. We have a guide to group riding which lists all the relevant hand signals which you may find useful - http://www.islington.cc/#faq

Of course, the intro rides are really the best place to learn these and you can always come on a club ride then attend the next available intro ride.

It sounds like you're in good shape so it's worth noting that if you attend one of the faster rides, signalling and communication is sometimes not as thorough as a higher level of bike handling is implied by the pace. Get there early and let the ride leader know that you're new. If you have any questions about signalling, the leader or any other member should be able to help.

Finally, welcome!

About