• Hi all,

I'm getting in touch from sports nutrition company Etixx from a cycling perspective, you may recognise us as this title sponsor of Mark Cavendish's Etixx - Quick-Step cycling team.

The Etixx brand has just launched in the UK and we are looking to educate the cycling community about our offering and thought the best way of doing this was to contact clubs such as Islington CC to see how we could work together.

In a nutshell, Etixx offers athletes the complete package when it comes to sports nutrition by focusing on every aspect of an athlete's requirements health, strength, endurance, performance and recovery.

What sets them apart from all the other sports nutrition brands is the amount of science that goes into each product. The first supplement was six years in the making and every product on the market has gone through at least three years of testing by a mixture of pharmacologists, physios, biochemists and biomedical scientists.

What we'd like to do with you guys is get the product in front of you, but in a collaborative way that enables us to get feedback from experienced cyclists.

Ideally, we'd like to organise an event with Glenn Kearney. He is our number one sports nutritionist who has worked with the All Blacks amongst several other top athletes, to be held in London in order for Glenn to give a talk on the importance of sport nutrition, introduce Etixx to you and hand over some trial products. Is this something you'd be interested in attending?

The event is TBC but will be in early April.

Cheers,
    Luke

• I'd be interested in this

• Potentially interested. I tend to steer clear of gels/bars/powders etc. in favour of making my own, more natural energy food but I'm very interested in the science.

• This is great to hear - I will post a date and time in due course.

• I too would be interested in this...

• Could anyone interested send me an email at [email protected] with your names, emails and numbers so we can contact you about this. Thanks.

• Free food........ I'm in.

• Marlon in reply to @LukeStrauss
    Free food........ I'm in.

+1

• Ditto. I'm like @SamuelD and I avoid the gels etc like the plague, but it's difficult.. (Today I had a dried apple ring and honey sandwich in an effort to get a boost from natural sugars...) Before my teeth rot from all the sickly sugars, I would love to know what I can improve on and if - ideally - semi-savoury things could work!

• Hi all,

So the date for the event has been confirmed for the 30th April. For those of you who would like to attend but haven't responded, please can you drop me an email if you can make it.

Thanks,
    Luke

• Hi @LukeStrauss, when and where on the 30th is it?

• Definitely interested - what time and where on 30/4?

• The time and date are tbc as we are seeing what the numbers are like but the event will take place in London. Once we have confirmed numbers, we will be sorting out venue and time. If you could pop me and email confirming attendence, this would be a great help.

• Hi all,

The event has been confirmed at 7.30pm on the 30th April at the Kia Oval Cricket Ground, Kennington, London.

If you want to attend, please email me on [email protected].

Thanks,
    Luke

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Event with Etixx's head nutritionist Glenn Kearney

Posted by Avatar for LukeStrauss @LukeStrauss