Hi! Also oh god hills

Posted on
  • Hi! I'm the new guy that joined group C on Sunday - I'm sorry I left early as I was having a blast, but I haven't done a lot of riding recently and I underestimated how much harder that my usual jaunt I'd have to push myself to keep up. I chilled out for a bit and had a great ride home.

Still, everyone has to start somewhere! Thanks everyone for making me feel really welcome; I'm just going to stick at it and hopefully join you again soon!

• dougal

p.s. Any tips on keeping leg warmers from slipping down? Shave? Wear a size smaller/bigger? Safety pins are out, I can't afford the extra weight :P

• Welcome Dougal and well done for taking the first step and turning up! Do join us for Saturday 8am Regents Park laps and the Intro to group riding session to help get up to speed. We've all been there!
    Lucinda

• RE leg warmers - you'll probably need to try quite a few sizes to get the right fit. I just ordered a huge batch then returned the ones I didn't want. They will seem tight at the top but that'll stop them falling down. Top tip - if you have short legs try these ones from sportful as they don't have zips at the bottom so you can roll them up. Hope that helps :-)
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sportful-no-rainĀ­-leg-warmers/

• Welcome dougal,

Glad you enjoyed your experience even if it was tough.
    Find hill near home and ride up and down it and then tind a bigger hill and ride up and down that. The only way to get better with hills is to ride up them

As added bonus your thighs will get bigger and your leg warmers will stay up...

Rob

• Turns out you wear the leg warmers under the shorts. They stay up no problem like that!

I've managed a few hills in the mean time and am hoping to make it to regents park on Sat :)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Hi! Also oh god hills

Posted by Avatar for Dougal @Dougal

Actions