BlakeG

Member since Apr 2015 • Last active Nov 2023

Like bike

Most recent activity

• in An introduction to club cycling

Hi user, the group skills sessions are there to ensure everyone is on the same page when it comes to riding as part of a group, which can vary from club to club. They also act as a welcome and allows you to have a coffee with other new club members and ask the session leaders any questions. I know it can be frustrating waiting for a slot to become open but you can almost guarantee that someone will drop out the night before so keep an eye out on the 4th. In the meantime you should still be able to ride with the club this weekend as a guest.

• in Group Skills

Good riding with you all today. Hope to see you out on some club rides in future. Feel free to ask in this thread if you have any questions about group skills, ICC or just cycling in general.

• in Getting started with ICC

Hi Johnny,

You're more than welcome to join us for laps of Regent's Park and coffee in Benugo afterwards at 9. There'll be a large group milling around the entrance to the zoo from about 7.50.

Someone will do a briefing making sure everybody knows what they're doing. However if there's anything you want to know then feel free to collar someone, say hi and that you're interested in joining and they'll show the ropes.

Please have a quick look at our riding guide especially the section about club rides. Oh and you have to wear a helmet.

See you Saturday,

Blake

You certainly can join straightaway if you're happy to part with your money! Just follow the link in Tim's description above.

However you are welcome to ride with the club up to three times before joining so you can try before you buy. We always recommend going on the intro rides or a group skills session as these are specifically designed for new/prospective members. If you choose to do one of the other regular rides instead (see website for details) then please have a quick read of our group riding guide beforehand and ask anyone on the ride if you have any questions about it.

Hopefully see you on the road sometime soon,

Blake

Yep, just press the "I'm attending" button at the top.

Hi Dan,

Keep checking the intro ride event as sometimes there are last minute drop-outs and you can get yourself a spot.

You can also turn up to weekend club rides and make yourself known. Tim has given a comprehensive guide in his comments above: 357 and 359. I don't think I can do much better than that!

Regards,

Blake

Go for it @JezA. We like it if everyone comes along to one of these at some point but if you are already confident riding in a group then feel free to go on other club rides beforehand.

And don't forget to check for last minute drop-outs tomorrow.

Last couple of weeks I think there was a single Tuesday group that averaged 28 kph. It's about a 2 hour ride so sounds like you'll be fine.

@JonnyK is the man in the know.

Actions