SimonR

Member since Sep 2014 • Last active Aug 2020
  • 2 conversations
  • 541 comments

Most recent activity

• in Getting started with ICC

Hi Mark,

There is no need to wait for the next intro ride. If you are happy riding in a group then you can turn up to any ride. The most common rides for a new member would be the 8am Saturday laps at Regent's Park (zoo entrance) or Sunday c ride (8:30am at Whittington park). Just announce yourself as a first timer and people will make you welcome!

Simon

Good stuff. Just seen @SteveKn route plan - sounds good to me. See you in the morning.

Similar to Ali, I also need to get training for Ride London. Was pretty fit until October but not done much on the bike since then - just had a second child so riding opportunity is reduced. I did the intro ride last year so would it be OK to turn up tomorrow at the park for a c paced ride? If it is good (and my wife agrees to letting me out to ride every Sunday!) will become a member...

• in An introduction to club cycling

I am having to drop out, unfortunately - my left crank fell off on my commute home today and need a whole replacement chainset... An expensive commute home. Hopefully someone else can take my spot and I can come to December's

enter code here

Sorry that I didn't make it today - had a very strange issue on the way to meet you all... Chain fell between my chain rings and got stuck. Spent the best part of 30 minutes trying to fix it (in the end I had to use brute force to pull it out).

Anyone experienced this before? Any idea how I can stop it happening again? Just adjust the front derailleur?

How do I find out who the ride leader is? Is it obvious?

Have already read the group riding guide.

I am keen on joining for a trial ride on Sunday - assume I should just turn up on time? Looking forward to it.

Actions