SteveKn

Member since Oct 2013 • Last active May 2022
  • 5 conversations
  • 239 comments

Most recent activity

• in Getting started with ICC

ill take a lumpy 65km 3.5hr lumpy herts C ride if anyone is interested.

I can take out a slower (65km ish with hill re groups) C ride again this Sunday,
    Could do "lumpy Herts" again if liked, or any requests to distance/route?
    there's lots on club routes page or in the C ride thread.
    steve

Seven sisters road isn't that nice, might be better going further down lee valley then across Stamford hill, through to Finsbury Park, the parkland walk to Highgate can be muddy but a nice ride. Looking slightly further north is Alexandra Pallace, bit if a hill with great views over London. ( if not foggy like Sunday ;).
    Swaines lanes goes between Highgates old and "new" cemeteries, you pass some interesting gothic buildings .

Good luck,

If you've energy can loop left at top, down Westhill , and do it again ;)

Steve

Sorry he didn't come out with us, just explaining route and that despite the weather it wasn't too bad!

user56836 did a "gentle" lumpy 64K with C group on Sunday ( see C ride thread on forum for gps route) cold and wet. there are a few hills, but go at pace of slowest.
    I'm 105Kg so don't worry about keeping me company on the climbs ;)
    Taking it easy just commuting this week pre RideLondon, but contact me in a couple of weeks, I'm sometimes free in daytime, if you want a social ride.

Not sure there is a request on the "In the Saddle" section, in the C Ride thread.
    Im sure a ride will happen?

As Martine is ill I'm taking his route B ride ( just under 100km with some hills(see profile), but paced at the slowest! regroups at the top of the hills for me to catch up ;-)) and there is another B ride route proposed depending on numbers. See the "in the Saddle" B ride thread for details and downloadable maps.

We usually split into groups of approx 12 so helpful if others download the routes into their Garmins

Steve

At cafe at e finchley on sun ride, guy got chatting and interested about club, would it be a good idea to have a few postcards/ "business" cards to give out with club details?

Looks like that was the problem, now seems to be working, thanks :-) might even be able to get out next Sunday. Need to get some clip on mudguards though! (Or ride at the back)

Actions