Julian

Member since Sep 2013 • Last active Jul 2022
  • 0 conversations
  • 63 comments

I'm Julian & I have a cycling addiction.

It started one carefree summer with a couple of school friends but very quickly spiralled out of control. We got into everything....club runs, hosteling, touring, club 10s, open 25s, town centre crits, road races, grass track, tarmac track, wooden track, 6 day track (that was scary), hill climbs, cross. You name it, we did it, we loved it.

But then it changed. Cold turkey. I got a proper job, didn't have time (read motivation) to train. Couldn't keep up. Packed up...

..for almost 20 years until one evening I met a bloke in a bar in Singapore. He started talking about cycling. I started trash talking. A week later I went out with the club, got dropped, towed back but stuck at it.

Now I'm back in London and and have been lucky enough to find the Islington. I think its an amazing club, blending tradition, modernity, friendliness, open mindedness and ambition. Its sustainable.

You'll find me on my white Colnago either going very slowly up hills on the short Sunday rides or trying my best not to ride at the front on Saturday mornings in Regents Park.

Cycling is once again back in my blood. I'm really enjoying it and look forward to getting to know you all better.

Recent activity

This person has not yet posted anything.

Actions