Nicholas

Member since Sep 2013 • Last active Nov 2015

Blockquote

Most recent activity

• in Clipping in

It's not very clear at all is it? Most people turn up at 7 so if you're there at 8 you'll get 2 or 3 laps in with everyone else before they head off for a coffee at 8:30 - Unless of course, the 8am crowd surprise us all.

• in Clipping in

I just stay behind them. There's no reason to try to get in front, too many cyclists seem to assume that bike boxes are the target destination and squeeze through wherever to get there. It's not always safe to do that, what if the lights turn green while you're between a bus and a railing and he's turning into you? Also, Why filter down the left to get to the box when you're turning right? Just stay where you were a few cars back and position yourself in good time in front of a car that's already seen you. Keep vehicles that haven't seen you, in front of you.

• in Clipping in

Welcome aboard, always nice to see a new face in the club.

• in Clipping in

That orange layer... Is it Irn Bru flavour?

• in Clipping in

You can come along to any of the club rides to see what you think, no obligation, no money up front etc, you'll be more than welcome. I'm sure you'll be able to hack the pace, but the same will apply to you as does anyone else - No One Gets Left Behind.

Nothing to lose eh!

• in Clipping in

Oh god no, not this morning, I slummed it in on public transport with a sack of clean shirts for the week ahead. There's headwinds and then there's headwinds after all.

• in Clipping in

Good day to take a few Strava segments if you have the wind behind you.

• in Clipping in

The trick is to just accept you're probably still going to get wet, but as long as your clothes keep you warm even when that happens you're all set.

Actions