Louisa

Member since Sep 2013 • Last active Jan 2022
  • 4 conversations
  • 342 comments

Most recent activity

• in Getting started with ICC

Welcome Rob! Glad you've enjoyed the rides so far and signed up!

Ah! I thought that that you but wasn't entirely sure! I was having a miserable ride to Hackney Town Hall with my front mudguard slipping down and was a bit distracted so sorry I didn't stop!

I usually hang back too as would prefer to see the lorry in front of me etc.

Probably wasn't very clear above - was trying to say that the implication is that you should be up the front. In short, just think the video should have some explanation of what the options are in this scenario! Anyway - am generally not enjoying commuting by bike at the moment :-(

Think this TfL video would be better if they actually indicated where cyclists should go instead. Basically right up in front of the lorry - but not always possible?

Is anyone else feeling a bit freaked out by what's happened over the last 2 weeks? I am - and particularly cross about the Met's actions re hi vis and helmets, and Boris Johnson's comments - feeding into the narrative that it's more the fault of cyclists than other road users. Out of interest do any ICC members get involved with LCC and local branches and their campaigning work?

Thank you Stephen too! It was a great ride. Sorry to have to speed off at the end, but I did make it back for the event I had to be at (phew!). See you all soon.

It was a good ride yesterday and lovely weather - thanks for leading it @ShauNuff!

I have mudguards! They are a bit experimental (2 bolted together in a rather unusual wheel covering arrangement...) but plan to come tomorrow now! Woo hoo!

Why is it forecast heavy rain again on Sunday?!! If I can get some mudguards sorted tomorrow then I will join you. Otherwise I'm staying in bed (again).

Actions