ShauNuff

Member since Sep 2013 • Last active Aug 2023

Most recent activity

• in Forums

Also as a nice postscript to that first year, we did way of the roses and someone dropped out so someone we didn't know - James - took his place, first time we'd ever met him. Fast forward a decade and I was his best man last year. Two other early ICC members were groomsmen.

• in Forums

This is me and Richard on a very early ride, but it might be a couple of years in

Edit: yeah that's the second round of kit. Not sure how I've made such a terrible mess of posting it. I have another from the same day of me getting dropped badly but can't find it

• in Forums

Followed by the sad realisation you still had 10km to go to get home

• in Forums

Actually it's the bloke who came on our first few rides who worked at Evans maybe?

• in Forums

I recognise Claire front right, the guy behind Andrew was a scouser named Ben if I remember rightly. It's not Luke up front left is it?

• in Forums

As you well know my grudge holding is borderline unparalleled, and I love awful retro kit

• in Forums

Not only was I not involved, I turned up 2 minutes late and you'd all pissed off so I had to do the Radlett Loop alone in rainbow faded kit sponsored by a Belgian plumbing company

• in Forums

Ali and Laura don't ride with us any more, Rob Jones moved to Kent, Jamie moved to Australia. Basically a decade of London, people leave, people go and do other things, but lots of them were extremely vital to building the club

• in Forums

Some of you who've been here 10 years may remember me leading the B rides before I got a Garmin, so using paper cue sheets. I'd streetview the entire ride the night before - I had a very patient girlfriend - and write the notes, then have them in my hand the entire ride. Over the subsequent years I got a bit better at all that, hopefully helped with some things around the place, then moved to the US so dropped out of the club. Still a member though. Got diagnosed with epilepsy last year so my riding has taken a serious knock, but I'll be an ICC member for life, I'm enormously proud of what we did and what you all continue to do. And sorry for being fussy about the consistency of the kit in so many committee meetings, but I still maintain its importance

• in Getting started with ICC

Are you talking about getting a train out somewhere or riding out from London?

Actions