AlessandroSc

Member since Jun 2021 • Last active Mar 2024
  • 20 conversations
  • 317 comments

Most recent activity

• in Getting started with ICC

For what I have read so far I am not convinced about the keto diet as ketones are produced by the body as an emergency response in case there is little glucose available for the body to function. Not an expert, just interpreting what I have read.

The Plant Based Cyclist book from GCN provides an easy understanding on how nutrition works. It's targeted to plant based but it give a general insight about how to balance fat, proteins and carbohydrates.

HIGHLY recommended is The Huberman Lab podcast. The guy running it is a neurobiology professor at Stanford and he gives very detailed information on how to train and fast to improve alertness of the brain and recovery through sleep. Highlights: 14/16 hours of intermittent fasting, carbs in the evening as they promote sleep and recovery, no coffee after 12, absolute no food 3 hours before sleeping. Seems all sensible and easy to follow bit I personally find it difficult.

As long as the diet works for you, is sensible and aligned with your principle there is not better diets than others as far as I'm concerned.

Caveat: not a nutritionist nor a doctor, just sharing what I found!

Decided not to do it because of all the hassle of trying to find a train on the way back but I will organise a Sunday ride to Brighton soon! Good luck guys for tomorrow!

@Fede.varri we have the same starting time, let's go to Clapham together

Start time for me is 6.10! For the way back I was thinking to rider to Bognor Regis and take a train from there.

• in Group Skills

Thanks for the session today and looking forward to be a member! Is it possible to participate to the Sunday ride tomorrow? Can't see the group where to sign in (guess because I am not a member yet?)

• in Group Skills

Thanks @SallyB, just updated. Looking forward!

Actions