tom_brntt

Member since Apr 2014 • Last active Jun 2018
  • 9 conversations
  • 1,016 comments

Most recent activity

• in Getting started with ICC

hey jon - a big chunk of that is on a canal towpath, so as long as you're happy enough with that then you should be fine. not really much on that I'd really change!

Hi Anvar,

Would perhaps suggest joining a C Ride on Sunday morning, due to leave 8.30 at Whittington Park? (would suggest getting there 5-10 mins early)

• in An introduction to club cycling

Great session, really well put together - even having done a couple of club runs it was really helpful; fully worthwhile for those erring about whether or not to do it.

• 36 comments

FWIW - rode in the C2 group on Sunday and had a great time. Will be joining the club shortly. Fully recommend to any other newbies out there!

Excellent - count me in!

Tried posting in one of the other forums but had permission issues; was hoping to ride the C ride this Sunday but spotted it's the celebratory club run; is there room for a little one?

I got my dates mixed up and am sadly busy early afternoon on Sunday, would doubt the ride will be done in time - however it's in the diary in marker pen for the following Sunday.

Hi Rob - not particularly, I've only ever ridden with other people at a fairly leisurely pace before, but obviously am willing to learn and get involved! I've read the guide to club riding on this site and a few other bits and pieces already.

Imagine maybe it would be best to start with a C ride to gauge how I am when it comes to riding in a wider group... I spied that you're leading the one this Easter Sunday, I'd be willing to get involved with that one!

Hi all,

I'm looking to join a cycling club at the moment, and was wondering if it was possible to come along for one of your rides, preferably during a weekend? I saw that there's a tester one this weekend which is sadly already full up.

I currently commute 8 miles each way on my bike through London every day and have in the past done a few 3/4 day bike tours through France at a leisurely pace, as well as numerous 100km+ (and a couple of 100 mile+) rides on me tod last summer at what I like to think is a less leisurely pace, although in reality is probably pedestrian compared to you guys! I've just completed the Paris Marathon which I've been training for for a while, so fitness shouldn't be a problem, although I've not been doing longer rides during that time; nevertheless, I cycled around 70k last Thursday so am slowly getting back into the swing of longer rides!

Obviously happy to be flexible, if you reckon it's best to wait until the next tester ride I'm happy to do so.

Actions