Paul_K

Member since Dec 2017 • Last active Apr 2024
  • 20 conversations
  • 321 comments

Paul Kitchen
On the bike: before joining ICC I was a daily commuter with several Dunwich Dynamos and a couple of week-long adventures in Europe (Bilbao to Seville; Zurich to Budapest) to my name. After joining, my mileage increased steadily until I stopped working in 2020. At which point things began to get serious.
In 2021: I did my first-ever track session; 300k in a day (thanks @Aidanb); The Ridgeway off-road (between lockdowns) and a two-up time trial with @Tom-le-Vélo, our combined ages totalling 147.
In 2022: With five others, I did The May 500 (London, Margate, Shoreham, London) in two days; the Tour of the Peloponnese and a solo Coast-to-Coast and back again in 4 days in September.
In 2023: I did Bangor to Bath in three days; spent a week in the Pyrenees at the home of @nickf with Fiona, Audrey and Eva; and had three glorious but ludicrously windy days in the Scottish Borders.
In 2024: it's London to Paris (and back); the Tour of Macedonia; and (hopefully) a return to the Scottish Borders to crack the Moffat Loop.
Off the bike: I'm getting older at a rate of knots but remain no less curious about all kinds of stuff only some of which involves wheels.

Most recent activity

• in Getting started with ICC

Hi Peewee,

We met your partner this morning at Highbury Fields. Glad you found us online, too. There's an intro ride heading out from Highbury Fields at 9.30 on Saturday. You can find details of it here. It looks like there might be some spaces. Search for this:

An Introduction to Club Cycling - 5 March 2022

and sign up if you can. Intro rides happen every month. Hope to see you on the road.

• in Group Skills

There's some potential in there. Also seems to confirm what my legs keep telling me that Holly Lodge is harder than Swain's and Lippits is tougher than Mott Street.

If you're into hills you'll find many on that list on this route:
    https://ridewithgps.com/routes/38090688

None, as far as I can see, on the southern version
    https://ridewithgps.com/routes/38069469

And by way of a reminder for me, you, Aidan and Audrey here's the original route of the Twenty One.
    https://ridewithgps.com/routes/32928894

Now that was a day.

• in An introduction to club cycling

Hi Alex-Mac,
    The aim is to be back sometime between 11.30 and 12.

• in Group Skills

Thanks to Alec, Mike, Tim and James for introducing me to the delights of Two-up, Paceline and the Chain Gang on a dark and chilly night at the Inner Circle. Your patience and good humour is much appreciated. Hope to see you on a ride sometime soon.
    Paul

• in Group Skills

Hi Alec,
    I think I've invited myself to join you on Thursday. I've done two club rides on a Sunday and have got at least partly used to being shouted at. I'd now like to learn how to shout back! Look forward to meeting you/others at 6.30pm.
    Paul Kitchen

Actions