Jacob

Member since Jan 2016 • Last active Mar 2024
  • 5 conversations
  • 573 comments

Most recent activity

• in An introduction to club cycling

If you have booked onto the Intro Ride on Saturday March 9th please confirm that you can attend by copying this entire message and adding your name to the list. (If you remove the @ from your name you won't be messaged each time someone new adds their name). If you are a former ICC member or under 18 please add a note to let us know.

Please go here for full details of the session, what to bring and how to prepare: https://islington.cc/intro-rides

If you are no longer able to make it, please remove yourself by clicking "Can't Make It" at the top of this page. This means others have a chance to take your place and we don’t have to organise more ride leaders than we need.

This ride is only open to people who have booked by clicking "Yes I'm Attending at the top of page 1. If you haven't booked but would like to join this ride you should check this page regularly to see if places come free.

At this time of year when there are wet roads we request that you use mudguards as a courtesy to your fellow riders.

1.PeterK
    2.JohnBogaerts
    3.Paul Rowbotham
    4.Caitlin Shaw
    5.Patrick Crofts
    6.Dennis Lu
    7.Silsy S
    8.Belinda Lam
    9.Dagny Jonsdottir
    10.@RickyDolez
    11.SteveT
    12.JamesKingston
    13.BillClift
    14.Tom_B

1. Jacob
  • in Getting started with ICC

You also need to keep pedalling. The horses get a different kind of excited at the sound of a buzzing freewheel.

(It scares them)

I rode to Brighton, guided by my Wahoo Elemnt Bolt on the included maps, which are stored on the built-in memory. Route was sync'd from my RideWithGPS account with no intervention and the ride was uploaded to Strava and TrainingPeaks while I ordered a pint. I still had 68% battery.

Fuck Garmin.

@Mags Check out https://forum.islington.cc/comments/1424­4573/

Great work team, another successful convert.

@MikeMC we’re at the Coffee Cup at the top of Muswell Hill. Barracuda is close for all of Jan!

Unfortunately I have to work on Saturday so my spot now is available.

@Martine Lately around 45km, avg speed 25km/h. When I said I'm a new rider I meant looking to join the club, not new to riding in general. I'm fine with the distance. To be honest, I'm more concerned about the weather and being the new guy!

Not a problem @Martine. I've been riding solo since late summer so will be fine. Looking forward to it!

Hi all,

I'm a new rider and the introductory ride is all full up for this month. Am I able to join the C ride this week?

Have plenty of experience in group riding back in Australia but haven't been out in a bunch since moving over about 18 months ago.

Cheers,
    Jacob

Actions