• 9 conversations
  • 112 comments

Caffeine and Cycleine

Most recent activity

• 10 comments
  • in Getting started with ICC

Bit of both really; haven't read them all yet

I have joined, last week, been inundated with emails from British Cycling ever since:-)

Hello Laura & Richard

Thanks for comments, I have joined up; did a B ride today and that was good. I'll find my way and appropriate group level after a few rides.

I have tried to change my username a few times but I keep getting an error on the site - it says alphanumerics only _ I would like to be called Tom (its a bit more personal than User 33665!!!)

Best

I have completed 3 Group A club rides as a Guest and have now joined the club. It's very friendly and well organised club compared to other ones I tried, great website too. One comment is that on today's Group A the pace and approach was very different to the other two - it felt like being on a Time Trial/ keep up or get dropped. I was dropped twice (traffic lights and a hill) and the second time nobody waited, so ended up riding alone. There were occasions where I waited for others who slowed, so a bit miffed that no one waited when I did. I enjoyed the ride but had I been in serious trouble it could have been a concern.

On that note, the previous two ride leaders both mentioned about how they could get more of the Group B's into Group A. Could I suggest that all members complete say, 5 laps of Regents Park, then submit their average speed and the club forms a grading system for Group A+, A, B & C. I felt that today's Group A was more A+ and TBH I would have preferred the Group B today had I known the pace was to be that high. It was billed as 50 miles and I was even asked if I had to be back home for anytime - so implied that it was a long day - I ended up doing 92 miles, but had an enjoyable day

I hope this feedback is seen as constructive, don't want to come across as a whinger, but the grading may help some people decide to join a different group to their usual. Plus Guest members can do their laps and determine which group to join.

Otherwise a great club.

Thanks

• 4 comments

Sunday 9th I meant :-/

Hi

I'd like to come on a guest ride this Sunday 8th. Do all levels meet at Whittington Park? I'd say I am an advanced level rider.

Thanks

Tom

Actions