Group Skills - 6 May 2021

Posted on
  • Inner Circle, Regent's Park
  • 100.0% Complete
    15/15
  • Going 15
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.

If you are a prospective club member, completing this course will allow you to join ICC

We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers. Feel free to read our Group Riding Guide beforehand, but is not necessary as we will cover all this during the session: https://islington.cc/s/ICC-Group-Riding-­Guide-Updated-August-2020.pdf

If you are new to the club and wish to become a member you will need to complete either a Group skills or an Introduction to Club Cycling training session. Please make yourself known to the ride leader so they can confirm your attendance to our membership manager.

HOW DO I JOIN IN?

If you wish to attend this session you need to sign up to the ride here on the Islington forum.

Register as a user on the forum (please help us by creating an actual name rather than the default username) then click the 'Yes I'm Attending' button above to confirm your attendance. If you see no places left, it is because the session is full. We do not maintain a waiting list so please keep checking back in case a place becomes available.

Meet in the Regent's Park Inner Circle, at the big gates opposite York Bridge.

Zac,
    Development Secretary

• Interested if a spot opens up.

• Dropping out as I did the into ride today. So should be a space for someone

• Freeing up a space as I got a late entry to the intro ride today. I suspect you'll spend less time pointing out potholes on the Inner Circle than was necessary on the A1000 today 😀

• 5 more spots now added.

• Please let me know if anyone drops out as I would be very keen to join.

• Any places left for tomorrow?

• Hi @ArchwayMike @Brandon_Low @CoolHandLuke @Fede.varri @Holly @huseyin_penbeoglu @Lharrison @marco @RahulT90 @RaulN @RyanHaines @Sarah_H @SteveOS @user127973 @user127996

I hope you are all looking forward to the Group Skills session tomorrow. This will be going ahead even if it's raining! As you arrive you will be split into groups of 6 and the entire session will be run within these groups. Please try and make it on time as it is essential for the safety briefing, but there is no need to come early.

If you are no longer able to make it can you please click "Can't make it" at the top of the page. As this will open up your spot and allow others to join. Demand for this ride is quite high and so if you reserve a spot but fail to attend we reserve the right to limit your attendance in the future.

Let me know if you have any questions and looking forward to welcoming you tomorrow.

• @user127973 @user127996
    Would you please be able to update you forum username to something a bit more recognisable. This will help greatly with managing attendance and membership processing. Thanks

• Hey @Zac
    See you tomorrow

• @JosephBrophy @DuncanWebster we have two open spaces for group skills tonight if you want to join

• Hi Julia, so sorry I have now got plans this evening, would love a heads up on any other group skills classes coming up so I can get on the class, very keen to get involved with the club.

• Oh, missed it again :)

Let me know if the spot opens up -- I can pop in with short notice (~20mins to be there basically)

• Hi attended on Thursday when do we hear about signing up ?

• Hi
    Are the Sunday rides on again as I can't see on the main website? Any covid rules to be aware of?
    Thanks!
    Graham

• Hi Graham, club rides are back on but you need to sign up to rides in advance for control of numbers/Insurance reasons (we have to do this to comply with British Cycling's mandatory requirements). We also ask everyone to scan the ride leader's QR code for track and trace purposes. Assuming if you don't have the ability to see the rest of the forum then you're not currently a member? If you are a member then DM me your email address and I'll get your forum permissions sorted out.

• Hello @SallyB how are you?

I’ve done the group skills session last Thursday May 6th and signed up to British cycling. Is that fine to come to next club ride?

• Hi! I've not been able to sit down at my laptop over the weekend so plan on processing all outstanding applications today (I normally do this on a Monday and Thursday anyway), so you'll get a confirmation email from me this evening, or potentially earlier if I get a break from meetings today! You'll then be able to sign up for the club rides via the forum.

• Hello any spots available to join the ride?

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 6 May 2021

Posted by Avatar for Zac @Zac

Actions