Group Skills - 26 July

Posted on
  • regents park
  • 47.0588235294% Complete
    8/17
  • Going 8
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.

We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers!

If you are new to the club and wish to become a member you will need to complete either a Group skills or an Introduction to club cycling training session. Please make yourself known to the ride leader so they can confirm your attendance to our membership manager.

Meet in the Regents Park Inner Circle, at the gates opposite York Bridge.

ICC Group Riding Guide

• Bump! Please update if you can still attend.

• I’m interested in attending. I’m a new member but haven’t made it to any club rides since I joined after half the road a few months ago.

• Hi, I just joined the club and would like to attend this session so that I can participate in the Dunwich dynamo. I'll join at 18:30 on Thursday. Thanks!

• Hi,
    I'm interesting in attending this sesión... see you this Thursday!

• Hi,

I would like to attend this session on Thursday at 18.30, I am looking to join the club, this will be my first session.
    Thanks Claire

• Hi Claire (+user92249), you are more than welcome to attend this session.
    2 things:

1. Could you please click on the 'Yes I'm Attending' tab above to reserve your place.
    2. Could you please click on the 'Edit Profile' link (top left) and change your user name from 'user92249' to something more personal and recognisable.

Kind regards,
    Mike

• Hello, prospective member here. I'd like to attend this session too. Trying to convince a +1 to also join and attend,

• Hi, I'm in the same boat as Claire - looking to join the club and am keen to attend this session.

Do you need me to join before, or can I join after?

Looking forward to it!

Bruno

• He, I'm in the same boat as Claire and Bruno so presume that it is ok to attend if not a full member.

Also, I might struggle to get to Regents Park for 6:30, should be ok to arrive around 6:45. Would that be ok?

Nick

• Hi guys, this is essentially an intro training sessions so you dont need to be a member.

See you tomorrow!

• Hi there - not a member yet and haven’t been to any events yet but was planning on attending with Andrew_M tomorrow. See you guys there!

• Hi Alec J

I am afraid I will not be able to make the cycling meet up tonight due to working constraints.
    I will definitely be attending another ride.
    Thanks Claire

Zebra31

• Yep, can still attend.

See ya later

• No worries, can you uncheck your attendance at the top of the page?

Thanks!

• Hi all - I'm joining today but I've managed to leave my helmet at home. Still ok to join?

-- running a bit late btw, there by ~1845

• Thanks for the intro last night, seems like a great club!

I just joined via British Cycling and was hoping to attend the Sunday ride this week, is it possible to pickup my jersey before then? Not sure where else to ask. Cheers.

• Hi Mark, welcome to the club. Head down to Velorution on Essex Rd tomorrow and present them with your Islington CC confirmation email - they should have you on their list. You may want to give them a call first to check they have your size in stock. You will also be given full access to the forum shortly. Mike

• Thanks Mike, got the jersey today and some new cleats, heading for the Sunday 8:30am ride this week.

• Nice one Mark! Will join you on the next one

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 26 July

Posted by Avatar for Alec @Alec

Actions