Group Skills - 28 April

Posted on
  • regents park
  • 100.0% Complete
    17/17
  • Going 17
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.

We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers!

If you are new to the club and wish to become a member you will need to complete either a Group skills or an Introduction to club cycling training session. Please make yourself known to the ride leader so they can confirm your attendance to our membership manager.

Meet in the Regents Park Inner Circle, at the gates opposite York Bridge.

ICC Group Riding Guide

• Hi Alec, im in town and want to attend. Cheers Johno

• Hello! my name is Daniel and I'm hoping to join the club please.

• Hi, I'm James, ride once with you before, looking to join the club. What time will this be and how long will it last?

James

• Hi James, 09:30 at the Inner Circle gates opposite York Bridge. Lasts around 90mins followed by an optional coffee and chat at the cafe.
    Just remember to click on the ‘Yes, I'm Attending’ button at the top of the screen. Only 3 places left!

• Looking forward to it!! User 89094 (Ross)

• Hi Alec, I would like to attend if you get drop outs, I have selected to follow the event, will I get notified if I get a place?
    I had been a member of TCC for 3 years so very aware of group riding, how would I go about joining the club once I attend either this session or intro ride (which I understand i don’t need to do if I am a more experienced group rider)
    Thanks allot

• Balls. Too late.

• There are often drop outs on the day so keep your eyes peeled (and up your reaction time?) Good luck!

• Hey, would be great to join last minute if someone drops out. I'll check back later, but just so you know.
    Thanks,
    Vero

• Hi everyone, hope you're looking forward to tomorrow. Please make sure you update your attendance if you cant make it!

See you all at 09:30

• If we are on waitlist will we get notified?

• Hi Brent,
    No, you just have to check back periodically to see if a spot has opened up. If there is, there will be an "I'm Attending" button at the top. Click that and you're in. There's no queue system per se.

• Was this originally 8.30-10.30? (Asks the woman stood in the rain an hour early 😩) Oops!!

• I'm lost, trying to find you

• Hi Rob. I'm really keen to get the club jersey and be a fully fledged member of the club but couldn't make today.

Can you tell me when the next skills ride will be?

Thanks a lot

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 28 April

Posted by Avatar for Alec @Alec

Actions