Group Skills - 08 March

Posted on
  • regents park
  • 37.5% Complete
    6/16
  • Going 6
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.

We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers!

If you are new to the club and wish to become a member you will need to complete either a Group skills or an Introduction to club cycling training session. Please make yourself known to the ride leader so they can confirm your attendance to our membership manager.

Meet in the Regents Park Inner Circle, at the gates opposite York Bridge.

ICC Group Riding Guide

• Bump!

• Nice one Jonny!

• Make sure you click attending +PatrickH :-)

• Hi, is this still going ahead? Would love to attend and join the club.

• I'd be keen too

• Hi, just click on the ‘yes, I’m attending’ button above to confirm your spot!

• Perfect

• Hi there, I haven't ridden with Islington before but am keen to join - see you on Thursday I guess!

• Plenty of spaces left!

• Hi @ChrisDavison, @JHillier, @CamilaOcejo, @JavierGonzalez, @AndyLum and @user86463
    Could you please ensure you read the ICC Group Riding Guide (attached at the end of Alec's first post) prior to the session tomorrow? Alec and I will be leading the ride tomorrow and looking forward to seeing you all.

• Hi, did my first ride with Christan et al on Sunday, am keen to get a group skills session so will there tomorrow

• Hi! I won't be able to make it tomorrow. Got a terrible fever :( Sorry for last minute notice.

• No worries! Everyone please update if you cant make it so we know numbers.

Failing that, see you this evening!

• Hi, I'm also going to have to pull out. I won't be able to get out of work in time.

Thanks for organising anyway, and I will try and find a session I can make.

• Thanks everyone, really slick session yesterday!

• Thanks a lot Alec, really enjoyed the session last night.

• Yeah, great session Alec, really enjoyed it. Planning on jointing the club ride Sunday morning, so hopefully see some of you there

• Ignore me, I just found the April post - doh!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 08 March

Posted by Avatar for Alec @Alec

Actions