Group Skills - 28 October

Posted on
  • Regents Park
  • 100.0% Complete
    16/16
  • Going 16
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.
    We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers!

If you are new to the club please make yourself known to the ride leader so they can confirm your attendance to our membership manager.

Meet in the Regents Park Inner Circle, at the gates opposite York Bridge.

ICC Group Riding Guide

• Dear AlecJ, I'm ot sure I have signed up successfully. I have signed up for my son Vincent, 16. He is new to the club and wants to attend the groups skills session. (I have been in touch With David Shannon beforehand). He is very much looking forward to it! Thanks, Claudia xx

• Sounds great thanks Claudia!

• Hello Alec

I am new to group cycling and would love to come to this session on 28th, do I need to register elsewhere? or do I just turn up. I have a road bike and cycle to work and have just recently got cleats but need experience. Please let me know. Many thanks.

Helen

• Hi Helen,

I'm afraid this session is fully booked but all you need to do is click 'attend' on any of the other skills event pages to secure your place. It looks like there are still slots available for the Group Skills sessions on 18th and 9th November.

https://forum.islington.cc/events/3365/#­comment13920300
    https://forum.islington.cc/events/3366/#­comment13850923

• Thanks Alex. If anyone pulls out for Saturday please let me know. I live near Regents Park so can easily come at short notice. Many thanks.

Helen

• hi alecJ where is the meeting point? is it quite obvious?

• Hi Coxy,
    Meet in the Regents Park Inner Circle, at the gates opposite York Bridge.
    It's very obvious 😎

• Hi AlecJ,
    Hope you are doing well. I would like to join the session on Saturday but it seems it is full. Is there anyway I can show-up anyway? Unfortunately, I am not available on the 9th and I would like to be able to ride with you guys as soon as possible?
    Thanks in advance for your answer :)
    Have a great one,
    Quentin

• Hi - I also plan to show up to this one!
    Looking forward to it!

• Hi @Quentin, @schu, unfortunately we do limit the size of these sessions. So unless you have signed up, can I ask that you do not attend the session. People do drop out at the last minute, so keep checking.

If you haven't ridden with us before, you are allowed up to 3 rides as a guest (including any Group Skills or Intro Ride sessions). So you would be more than welcome to attend the 8am laps around regents park tomorrow. If you do, just make sure you arrive a little early to introduce yourself, and tell the group you are ridding with that it is your first ride with us,

• @LettySteer, @EdM, @BWynne57, @BaoHo, @ewo, @user82115, @joshlassen, @Coxy, @MiraBoyce, @FloChapple, @dermot_london, @SamBailey, @AndyC, @fw, @Daniel.JD, @user81173 just a reminder that tomorrow is Group Skills day! If for any reason you can't make it, can you please indicate this at the top of the page so other people can take your place.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

• Sorry but I’ve had to bail as I forgot it was half term.

I look forward to getting out with you guys soon

• @Quentin, @schu there are spaces now free, grab them before they go!

• No worries. Thanks for freeing up your space.

• won't be able to make this one due to work commitments so a space has come up

• i cant make this anymore and absolutly gutted! Hopefully someone can take my place.

• Looking forward to it, first time there!

• Thanks for clarifying. I have signed up to one of the free spots now.

• Great riding with everyone today, and thanks to @Menno & @Nettleton for helping out.

Hope to see you all out on the road.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 28 October

Posted by Avatar for Alec @Alec

Actions