Group Skills - 24 August

Posted on
  • Regents Park, London
  • 52.9411764706% Complete
    9/17
  • Going 9
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.
    We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers!

If you are new to the club please make yourself known to the ride leader so they can confirm your attendance to our membership manager.

Meet in the Regents Park Inner Circle, at the gates opposite York Bridge.

ICC Group Riding Guide

• Just bumping this up. Weather is still looking good for next Thursday with a likely high of 22 degrees C.

• Hi there, I'd like to come along, I live in North London and looking for a friendly club to join :-)

Cheers
    Sam

• Still plenty of spaces!

• Been out for three club runs with ICC, I shall join you tomorrow evening for the group skills ride :) looking forward to it! Many thanks

• Just to let you know I'm coming along tomorrow - look forward to meeting you all.

• I'm coming along too. Also living in North London looking for a Club to join.
    See you!
    Guillermo

• Hi, I'll be coming along tonight, I'm also looking for a club to join. Can I check where in Regents Park you meet?
    Thanks
    Patrice

• Hi Patrice,

The meeting point is in front of the park gates on the inner circle, opposite York Bridge road.

Have fun!

• Just moved to the area and looking for a friendly club. See you tonight :)

• Hi All,

I'm concerned I won't be away from work on-time! Is it acceptable to arrive late (Somewhere between 7:00-7:20)?!

Best,

Lewis

• Hi Lewis,

I think that will probably be too late to join in... a lot of the group riding skills and club etiquette is taught in the first half hour of the session, with the remainder focused on practice and a few additional formation type drills. You'd probably be better off coming along to a different session if there's another you can make in the near future.

• Hi Sally!

Thanks for your honest response!

If I can make it in time, fantastic! Otherwise I'll re-book for another time!

Best,

Lewis

• Thank you, see you there

• Great session today guys. Thanks a million for coming down.

• Thank you so much guys for such a welcoming and interesting first session.
    Looking forward to see you in a club run very soon!

• Thanks a lot for a really helpful session and friendly welcome. I'll definitely join a club ride soon - am I right in saying I can come along to a Sunday morning ride as a non-member, but that the mid-week and Saturday rides are for members? Cheers, Sam

• Hi Sam, pleased to hear you enjoyed the session yesterday. You are more than welcome to join a Sunday morning ride as a non-member. Just turn up at Whittington Park (Holloway Rd entrance) @ 08:20 for a 08:30 start and let someone know you are a guest. Midweek and Saturday rides are for club members only and accessed through members section of forum.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 24 August

Posted by Avatar for Alec @Alec

Actions