Group Skills - 11 March

Posted on
  • Regents Park
    25.0% Complete
    2/8
  • Going 2
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.

We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers!

Meet in the Regents Park Inner Circle, at the gates opposite York Bridge.

ICC Group Riding Guide

This week the session will be lead by: @MikeMC

• Boosting this up the list. This is a really good intro training session if you missed out on the Intro ride last weekend ;-)

• Hi Alec, I was on the intro ride last week and hope to attend this on Saturday before joining up. I guess there is no particular limit on places for this one? Thanks, Gregor

• There's an ideal number but no serious limit. Put your name down!

• Due to a lack of interest in the Group Riding Skills this Saturday, the session has been cancelled. I am however willing to lead a small group session (C pace) at the earlier time of 08:00 (if there is any interest) - meeting at the ZOO Entrance. We will be concentrating on group formation, change 1 and 2, and riding through and off (chaingang).

+gbstewart as you have already attended the Intro Ride, you are more than welcome to join us for another free ride before signing up.

• Hi Mike, thanks for the update - have a cold and am now feeling pretty rotten so I think I won't make the earlier ride tomorrow, but hope to join you at some point soon

• Oh gosh have just seen it's cancelled as I stand waiting for the group 😂 Will there be anything else like this soon or should I just turn up on a Saturday at 0830?
    Claire

• Apologies Claire. As there was only one attendee signed up by early evening yesterday, we decided to cancel the 09:30 session and bring it forward to 08:00. Unfortunately it's a bit difficult to learn group riding skills without a group! The next skills session is in 2 weeks time so please put your name down asap. So that you don't become known as user74516, you can add your name by clicking 'edit profile' (top right hand corner), change your user name, then click 'save changes' (bottom right hand corner). All the best, Mike

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 11 March

Posted by Avatar for Alec @Alec

Actions