Hi - I'm new here

Posted on
  • I moved to London a few months ago and started riding my mountain bike all over this awesome city. I took the cycle confident course and your club was recommended since I live near Regent Park. Some of you may have passed me on rides around the park or up Swains. I'm not a racer but I do enjoy friendly competition and would like to do some of the longer rides.
    I've decided I want to get a road bike and join in with others who love to ride, I just haven't picked the one I want yet. I would like to come out some time and ride with you however, I don't want to hold anyone up.

Cheers

• Hi +Morgan

Come along to one of our Sunday morning rides as a guest. They leave from Whittington Park at 8.30am. Our rides are friendly and we stick together and look after each other.

Details of all our rides are here: http://islingtoncc.microcosm.app/convers­ations/117/?limit=25#comment410

There are also a number of ad hoc rides organised through this forum, so have a look around.

• Thanks I'm out of town this Sunday but I will try to be there the following or get on with one of the other rides. In the mean time I better get fenders for my bike!

• I wanted to thank Laura for leading the ride last week! For the majority of us it was our first ride with a group. It was so much fun I did it again this week with Stephen leading, and it was another excellent ride. I'm looking forward to more rides soon.

• Hello +Morgan - so nice to hear that you had another successful ride this Sunday. Stephen's rides are always well led and well paced :)

Don't forget to join up if you like riding with ICC (assuming you haven't already!) - we ask people to become fully fledged members after a couple of rides to help support the club going forwards.... And you might even be our 100th member, we are SO close now!!!

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/club/pr­ofile?club_id=2040

• Sooooo close

• Can the 100th member have a small prize?

• When I join the club does it automatically give me British Cycling membership or do I need to sign up for that too?

• You need to give BC a call.
    Takes two minutes and they will send you your membership in the post.

• I found that it is free to join British Cycling when joining the club. I signed up to be a member so I can continue riding in good standing. I put down that I wear a large jersey. Looking forward to many more rides and eventually being capable of doing the longer ones!

• Yay! Welcome to ICC +Morgan :) You'll be doing those longer rides in no time at all....

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Hi - I'm new here

Posted by Avatar for Morgan @Morgan

Actions