You are reading a single comment by @Laura and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hello +user6264 - thank you for getting in touch. We are always enthusiastic about increasing our junior membership - so your daughter would be most welcome. I think for the first time it would be ideal if you rode along with her, but I am assuming that you will be from your post.

Many people join us on hybrids, and it is not a problem. We don't drop anyone from rides, and make sure that the group is looked after and stays together. The average speed of the shorter ride is between 12-14mph.

My main tips for first timers probably revolve around base endurance fitness. Many people are surprised at how tiring 35-40 miles can be so do make sure you have a good level of base fitness by building up your miles on the bike, and bring plenty of food and water to keep your energy levels up. Also do make sure you dress appropriately with lots of layers - It's pretty cold out there at the moment, and being poorly dressed can make cycling in the winter pretty miserable!

Hope to see you both soon!

About