Hello

Posted on
  • Hello all,
    I have recently joined the club so am looking forward to going out on a club run as soon as possible. I took up cycling about 3 years ago but have been some what of a Lone Ranger so far. This is my first foray into group riding so I would welcome any help/hints to get me up to speed!
    I'm going to come out to Swain's tomorrow morning so hopefully I'll meet some members then.
    Also, I'm a classical musician so work completely random hours. Are there others in the same boat? I would be really up for unofficial extra rides midweek when I'm free as I'm often busy at the weekends.

• Welcome Henry. We have some group riding tips knocking about, but it basically comes down to learning your hand signals and not doing anything unpredictable, as well as knowing how to chaingang.

We have a number of freelancers, students and retirees in the club who are out and about during the week and most, if not all, are perfectly amiable people

• Hello Henry,

Our Group Riding Guide should have everything you need to know covered.

There's a 'Last Minute Rides' thread here on the forum which many people post to when they are available for rides. You should have no problem finding a cycling buddy here!

• Welcome to the club +henrybaldwin. Read the Group Riding document for an idea of how to ride in a group. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Oug8­np03OzHQr3MOX89ZLxIr14MdRWnQBxNoJeEtVWs/­edit
    There are many rides throughout the week that are planned and some last minute rides that people post when they are free to ride.

• Thanks for all the replies everyone. All very helpful. I didn't see anyone on Swain's this morning but I'm going to come to Regent's Park for laps this Sat so maybe I'll meet some of you then.

• Hi Henry - sorry, the Swains 'ride' can be a bit sporadic depending on people's schedules. It's more of a self guided thing which people just turn up to. There will definitely be a crew out this Saturday at Regent's Park though.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Hello

Posted by Avatar for henrybaldwin @henrybaldwin

Actions