Hello - Sunday Club run 29th June

Posted on
  • Hi

I am hoping to join in with the Sunday club run this weekend, with a view to joining the club. However, I am unsure which group to join. I have ridden in groups pretty often before - know how to use hand signals, not to do unpredictable things etc. - and can sustain an average of 32kph pretty much indefinitely - more in a bunch.

Which group would you suggest me joining in with? What sort of time should I pitch up for an 8:30 start?

Cheers

Andy

• Hello also hoping to join a group ride this Sunday. No experience at all of group riding but managed to squeeze in your workshop a couple of weeks ago (the wet one) before I went off for 2 weeks. Now looking forward to joining you regularly. I think I'm supposed to do a 'c' ride first. Is there one this Sunday?
    Best.
    Max

• Hello +Max. There should be a 'C' ride this Sunday Max. Come along and see how you get on for pace. Say hello to the ride leader when you join and mention you're a new rider.

If you attended the group riding skills session a few weeks ago then you already do have experience of group riding ;)

+user7205 - in terms of pace (I still work in mph, not kph) C ride is 12-14mph average, B ride is 14-16mph average and C ride is 16-18 mph average. Bear in mind each ride is also a different distance with the A ride being the longest - somewhere in the region of 60-80 miles.

Have a good one,
    Laura

• Cheers @Laura :)

• Thanks! 60-80 at 18mph sounds about right! i will try and come down early so I can chat with people and figure it out - though it slightly depends upon when my daughter wakes my wife and I up!
    Cheers
    Andy
    PS I now have a slightly less ungainly handle than "user7205"!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Hello - Sunday Club run 29th June

Posted by Avatar for AndyM @AndyM

Actions