Becoming a member

Posted on
Page
of 23
  • Franc, you will be most welcome tomorrow on the club rides. Come along and introduce yourself and the ride leaders will look after you.

• Enjoyed the ride today, thanks all. Just joined up so I'll see you all tomorrow at 8:30.

• Hi! Just wondering if it would be ok for me to join the A or B ride tomorrow? I'm looking to join a club and as others have mentioned, this seems friendly and organised! I've also got the London Cycle Sportive next Sunday, anyone else doing this?

• Yes @Francis you would be very welcome - but be warned tomorrow various members of the club are encouraging people to wear their most ugly cycling jersey so we won't be looking our best!

If you get to Whittington Park a little early and say hello someone will introduce you to the club and answer any questions you have. See you tomorrow.

• Sounds good, thanks aidan! I am lacking in garish cycling jerseys though unfortunately...

• Just joined the club after coming out with you guys this Sunday. Everyone was very friendly and the route was great so it was an easy sell! Looking forward to meeting you all on future rides.
    Thanks
    Mike

• +Mike_B - Welcome!

• Great meeting you both @aidan @Laura on Saturday, everyone seems really nice so have joined today. Looking forward to joining you for a sunday ride soon. Speaking of which, is anyone doing the Human Race Sportive this Sunday at Herne Hill?

• Welcome +Smedley! Such great news that you decided to join ICC.

We're now at 199 members... who will be our 200th member? Is anyone wavering about whether to join - come join and push us into the 200s! :)

• Following a great ride on Sunday, I will be joining shortly.

Also, I'm doing the human race this Sunday @Smedley. Which route are you doing?

• I am still unable to post in other topics, membership was confirmed yesterday so just wondered how long before my forum access is changed?

• +Smedley make sure you are using the same email you gave us when you joined the club

• Thanks @Shannonball email was correct, just had to log out and back in again.

• Greetings to all

I have just purchased my membership to I.C.C via the British Cycling Web Page. Looking forward to picking up my club jersey and becoming fully active within the club.

AJ

• Great +aj welcome

• Thanks for the welcome Shannonball.

• Hello, I signed up as a member of the club after taking part in a Saturday ride a few weeks ago.

I've just registered on the forum with the email I registered on BC, so hopefully all my access will be OK.

• hi all just wondering if you guys had anything going on sat or sunday that i could come along to?
    also if i already have british cycling membership is it just a case of just joining the club? i.e. is the price of british cycling membership taken out of the club joing fee? for new members etc.

• Hello

i'm looking at joining a cycling club because going out by myself for 40+ miles gets quite boring. I've been doing long rides for a couple of years now but would like to be involved with more people. I've never ridden in a group before but I'm very happy to learn the ropes properly.

From looking over your site it seems like an incredibly friendly group of riders which is excellent news.

• +Lewis come along as a guest a see if you enjoy it

• When is a good time to come along and learn the group ridding basics?

• Welcome @Matty01 and @Lewis. Come along on Sunday morning. We meet at Whittington Park. Rides set off at 0830. Get there a few minutes early, introduce yourself to the ride leader and the others in the group. There will be a brief before the ride starts which covers some of the skills required for riding in a group. The C ride is normally around 40 miles at an average pace of 12-14 mph and the route/discussion is located under "In the Saddle" section of the forum. If you are up for that, then come give it a go.

• Ok, I think I'm definitely going to come along on Sunday. Its sounds like a lot of fun and the routes seem similar to the sort I quite often do.

Look forward to meeting you.

• @Lewis - We are happy to have along. I won't be there this Sunday but I look forward to seeing you on a ride soon.

• Had a really good ride today, really enjoyed myself and the C group led by Steven and Claire were all really friendly. Definitely plan on signing up.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Becoming a member

Posted by Avatar for Shannonball @Shannonball

Actions