Hi

Posted on
  • Hi,

Would it be possible to come along for a first club ride tomorrow? I've done a small amount of club riding and chaingain work before, though am still learning the ropes.

If it would be possible, which ride would be best? I'm happy in a chaingang at 36km/hr or so, maybe a bit more, just don't know where that fits in with the different start times.

Looking forward to meeting you all,

Jez

• The 7am ride can be very fast, and at times a bit do or die. It's probably not the best starter ride for introduction to the club but if you're there at 7am and can keep up.... Well done.

• Jez,

If your confident in a chain gang then i think it would be fine for you to ride either session tomorrow. We are always welcoming new members. 7am is faster than 8am. I'm not really sure what the groups average speeds are. The best thing to do is to turn up, introduce yourself and ask the other riders about joining in. I'm also running a session in the inner circle tomorrow on group riding skills and chaingangs etc which you might also like to come along to.

Cheers!

• I'd think you'd be fine at 7am. 36kph sounds spot on.

• @jez, hopefully you've got a good sense of the club from the 8am laps of rp last week. from our few laps, i'm sure you'll be comfortable at the sunday b ride pace and able to step up to the 7am laps or sunday a rides.

• All signed up, can't post in the main forum yet so just wondering if the 7am laps are on tomorrow?

• Jez - give me 24hrs to process your membership, etc

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Hi

Posted by Avatar for Jez @Jez

Actions