Our Club Rides

Posted on
Page
of 3
Prev
/ 3
Next
  • Removed, as work has got in the way of having fun cycling

• Hiya, are there any club rides this Sunday with Ride London also happening? I looked at the pages but nothing was posted so just want to double check. Thanks!

• Hi Carney- expect there will be, posted closer to the time. (Anyone can post a route though).

• Perfect, thanks Geoff!

• There are a couple of Saturday rides posted and there has been chat on WhatsApp about Sunday but nothing definite yet (i.e. you will have people to ride with, though clearly a lot of us are doing RL).

• Hi, am trying to get back into cycling after a few years of poor health, long covid, bike issues! Could I try a couple of club rides before deciding whether or not to join?

• @Alec and @DavidMason. Not sure if you can help.

I met somebody called Hands this morning at Regents Park (only joined two weeks ago). He mentioned that he hadn’t been able to join the forums, but would love to join a group of us who are riding RideLondon tomorrow in a five hour target group. Is there anyway we could get in touch with him? Obviously I don’t want to tread on any GDPR feet.

• It's Hans! Maybe @jimena could help with his details

• Doh! Sorry. Didn’t proofread

• You will have to do an Intro or Groups Skills ride first. Once you do that you can join up to three rides before deciding whether to join. You won't have access to the Forum until you're a member but you can turn up at Highbury Fields at 0830 on a Sunday and see what's going. Good luck with your return to cycling.

• Hi, I'm in a similar boat as Hans. I joined a couple weeks ago but don't have full forum access yet.

I'm also looking to find a group around 5hrs pace for RideLondon. If anyone knows about one, please let me know!

(Did the group skills ride and paid my dues. I've emailed [email protected] on May 11th asking for access but haven't heard back yet.)

• Let me have your mobile and I will invite you to the WhatsApp group

• Hello hello!

We had some issues with the forum during the past days, hence the delay in granting the access to it. Apologies for that.
    If you had received an email with your membership information recently, then you should have full access with the same email address as the one you used to register in the British Cycling website. If you still have issues, please drop me an email at [email protected] so we can have a closer look into it.

Have a great weekend :)

• Resolved. Sorry for the post

• I’ve moved this post to the intro ride post but I don’t know how to delete this one! Sorry!

Hi team! I would love to join some group rides - but I’m on an MTB and I was wondering if that would be a problem. I’m 16-19mph on the flats, so I think I could handle the pace of a Green ride. But I’m nervous because I’ve never joined a group before. What do you suggest? (Also sorry if I’ve posted I’m the wrong place)

• It sounds like you should be OK with a green ride if you're riding at that pace.

• Thanks @DavidMason. Do the intro rides operate at green level?

• It depends on the attendees but most probably do.

• @sakhr - Intro rides will go at a pace which suits everyone. If you can do 16-19mph on the flat you shoukd have no problem with an Intro Ride or a green ride.

• That’s great, thanks @DavidMason

• Hi folks - I joined a group skills session a few weeks back and have now submitted payment for a year’s membership (hooray!). I’m assuming this won’t be processed in time for me to access the forums before the weekend, so could someone please confirm that group rides of all speeds will be setting off from Highbury Fields this Saturday? Some indication of distance would also be ideal, though happy to just turn up on this occasion and go with the flow. Thanks!

• Welcome Duncan. Our main club rides go from Highbury Fields at 0830 on Sundays, but usually aren't posted toll nearer the time. You will be able to join one if you turn up.

• Great stuff - thanks David, got my days mixed up.

• Hey, on Thursdays where do we start from? I been to hibury fields, didn't see anyone so I spinter to the zoo and didn't see anyone and its saying in the group that all rides the meet up point is in the zoo... I'm frustrated just missed my well waited ride 😭 and weekends where would it start from cuz im starting to do weekends too
    Thanks!

• Hi @Afonso,
    You can see the schedule and where the rides depart from on the website:
    https://islington.cc/weekly-schedule

Although, especially after summer, the rides may not happen regularly and there is less people attending the evening ones. You can find a forum thread for each of the evening rides where you can ask around and announce yourself!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Our Club Rides

Posted by Avatar for DavidMason @DavidMason

Actions