• Hello all! I'm visiting from Melbourne in Australia and was hoping to be able to join a local group ride this coming weekend (Apr 15th/16th). I'm an experienced group rider, I race and am a member of the Hawthorn Cycling Club back home. So, a few questions:

1. Are riders who are not members of Islington CC welcome on a club ride?
    2. If so, is there any sign-in/registration procedure, or is it just 'turn up at the right place at the right time'?
    3. Does anyone know of a reasonable place to hire a road bike that doesn't cost three times was much as hiring a car for a day? I'll be staying in Camden, but happy to travel a little bit to pick one up - doesn't need to be especially fancy, just well-maintained.

Cheers,

Rob.

• Hey Rob, there isn’t a ‘guest rider’ option in place. Only club members can attend club rides, after having completed an ‘intro ride’ or ‘Group Skills Session’. These take place a few times a month on a Saturday morning. Weekend Club Rides head out on Sunday mornings. Details should be on the website.

As for bike hire, it might be worth considering a Rapha membership?
    There are plenty of routes available in their clubhouse too

Hope you get in some good riding during your visit

Jonjo

• What size bike would you be after?

• Fair enough, thanks for the info anyway. I did note the situation with insurance and British Cycling, but thought perhaps that there may have been some kind of reciprocal arrangement with Cycling Australia. I’m only here this weekend, so will have to give it a miss.

I hadn’t thought of the Rapha option, completely slipped my mind.

Anyway, thanks again for the reply!

Rob

• Hey Zac - thanks for the offer, but I reckon I’ll give it a miss. Next time I’m over I’ll get myself organised a bit earlier than this time around ;)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Visiting Cyclist from Australia - Looking to join one of the weekend rides

Posted by Avatar for user155135 @user155135

Actions