Group Skills - 1 May 2021

Posted on
  • Inner Circle, Regent's Park
  • 100.0% Complete
    15/15
  • Going 15
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.

If you are a prospective club member, completing this course will allow you to join ICC

We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers. Feel free to read our Group Riding Guide beforehand, but is not necessary as we will cover all this during the session: https://islington.cc/s/ICC-Group-Riding-­Guide-Updated-August-2020.pdf

If you are new to the club and wish to become a member you will need to complete either a Group skills or an Introduction to Club Cycling training session. Please make yourself known to the ride leader so they can confirm your attendance to our membership manager.

HOW DO I JOIN IN?

If you wish to attend this session you need to sign up to the ride here on the Islington forum.

Register as a user on the forum (please help us by creating an actual name rather than the default username) then click the 'Yes I'm Attending' button above to confirm your attendance. If you see no places left, it is because the session is full. We do not maintain a waiting list so please keep checking back in case a place becomes available.

Meet in the Regent's Park Inner Circle, at the big gates opposite York Bridge.

Zac,
    Development Secretary

• Hi Zac, I’m a prospective member and have some knowledge of these skills as have ridden in groups in France and used to train in Brisbane with a group called Intraining.

I am a single parent and wondered if my son would be ok to tag along in his Thule Ridealong seat?

Cheers
    Chris

• Hi to all :)
    Would really love to join one of these sessions ! If you're eventually not attending, could you please leave a comment so i'll be notified ?

Many thks !

• Hi @Zac Aaaah I missed signing up on time! Can you let me know if a slot opens up. Really want to join!

• Hi Chris

Tagging @Zac as I'm not sure what the insurance situation is and whether or not the club deem this appropriate or not.

Cheers

Will

• @Hugo_Guyot @RahulT90

I've just opened up another Group Skills session on 6 May (Thursday evening) https://forum.islington.cc/events/5910/

• @Zac Thanks, all good for me i'm already on the intro ride on 1st may !

• Hi @Ceebee and @Zac just to be clear from my side; I'm not comfortable with having a rider with a child in child seat on this group skills ride. Not in the group I'm leading anyways..

Cheers

Will

• I've replied to CeeBee privately already, but in essence our insurance won't cover it so it won't be allowed.

• Thanks @Zac & @Wilbur. Tbf, makes sense.

• @Zac Hi! I've just submitted a membership request... but it looks like all the upcoming Group Skills rides are full! Any advice on what to do? Looking forward to joining :)

• Hi @AnniCoates @Aref91777 @danjhurley @Eslie @Ferry @GarethT @HarrisKersh1 @JanG @Jen @JordanC @LisaHenry @Nick_F @SameerR @simon_c @user127807

I hope you are all looking forward to the Group Skills session tomorrow. As you arrive you will be split into groups of 6 and the entire session will be run within these groups. Please try and make it on time as it is essential for the safety briefing, but there is no need to come early.

If you are no longer able to make it can you please click "Can't make it" at the top of the page. As this will open up your spot and allow others to join. Demand for this ride is quite high and so if you reserve a spot but fail to attend we reserve the right to limit your attendance in the future.

Let me know if you have any questions and looking forward to welcoming you tomorrow.

• There are now 2 places on tomorrow's intro ride if you want to sign up

• @Zac I am seeing 15/15. How do I sign up for one of the recently available places?

• The Intro Ride is a different event: https://forum.islington.cc/events/5747/

• There are actually two rides tomorrow. So its this one https://forum.islington.cc/events/5747/?­offset=25#comment15964568 which now has 4 places

• Brilliant, thanks @StephendS I've managed to get onto the Intro Ride tomorrow :)

• Hi Zac, thanks for the update! Look forward to this ride tomorrow :)

Cheers
    Eslie

• If anyone wants an induction to the club and is free tomorrow, there are no places on this ride but currently 3 on the Intro Ride: https://forum.islington.cc/events/5747/

• Apologies for the late notice, I won't be joining after all as I'm now going on the 9:30 group ride. Thanks for all the effort that goes into setting up these events and have a safe ride,
    Ferry

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 1 May 2021

Posted by Avatar for Zac @Zac

Actions