of 2
/ 2
Next
  • Inner Circle, Regent's Park
  • 96.1538461538% Complete
    25/26
  • Going 25
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.

If you are a prospective club member, completing this course will allow you to join ICC

We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers. Feel free to read our Group Riding Guide beforehand, but is not necessary as we will cover all this during the session: https://islington.cc/s/ICC-Group-Riding-­Guide-Updated-August-2020.pdf

If you are new to the club and wish to become a member you will need to complete either a Group skills or an Introduction to Club Cycling training session. Please make yourself known to the ride leader so they can confirm your attendance to our membership manager.

HOW DO I JOIN IN?

If you wish to attend this session you need to sign up to the ride here on the Islington forum.

Register as a user on the forum (please help us by creating an actual name rather than the default username) then click the 'Yes I'm Attending' button above to confirm your attendance. If you see no places left, it is because the session is full. We do not maintain a waiting list so please keep checking back in case a place becomes available.

Meet in the Regent's Park Inner Circle, at the big gates opposite York Bridge.

Zac,
    Development Secretary

• Looking forward to joining!

• I'm in, looking forward to getting to know the group!

• Yayyy!!!!

• Looking forward to it....

• second last place yasss....Plan joining the club and looking forward to meeting fellow cyclists.....and learning some group skills :-)

• I'm keen to attend but looks like the event is full! I'll keep an eye out for any spots opening up in the next couple of weeks :) Emily

• Also keen if a space comes free, hoping to join the intro ride 3rd April but if not then this skills session would be good

• There's now a new session with spaces available on 22nd of April (Thursday evening) if you can't get a space on this session: https://forum.islington.cc/events/5769/

• Just signed up! Payed membership fee for Islington CC on British Cycling Website earlier - guessing I can get approved to join club once I've attended this session?

• Yes. People don't normally sign up until after one of these sessions but glad to see you are keen!

• Apologies team, letting a shoulder that has been bashed in a few too many times recently recover so have given up my spot on this if anyone would like it!

• Hey Joshua,

Is your spot still available?

• Hi @Adam.G @alejandractr @AlexGlassman @AndreaC @AndyMee @Brad-Gibbons @bsm @DavidWhite @Elliott510 @gabrielbm @Gez @henry_h @HugoOstyn @JamesFarnhill @JamesMcK @RaoulU @RickyM @rory-maclean @stewartjd @Tara_Macpherson @user125876 @user125988 @user87855 @wcheung @Yuri_Z

I hope you are all excited for our first Group Skills session of 2021 tomorrow! As you arrive you will be split into groups of 6 and the entire session will be run within these groups.

If you are no longer able to make it can you please click "Can't make it" at the top of the page. As this will open up your spot and allow others to join. Demand for this ride is quite high and so if you reserve a spot but fail to attend we reserve the right to limit your attendance in the future.

Also if you have already completed an Intro Ride and have joined the club, would you be able to open up your space to allow non-members to take part? We have plenty of members-only skill sessions you can now take part in.

Let me know if you have any questions and looking forward to welcoming you tomorrow.

• @user125876 @user125988 @user87855

Would you please be able to update you forum username to something a bit more recognisable. This will help greatly with managing attendance and membership processing.

Thanks,
    Zac

• Hi @Henriii @EmilyB if any spaces open up they'll be visible at the top of the page. Simply click the "Yes, I'm attending!" button

• Hi Zac,

thanks for this, I have now clicked attend!

Cya tomorrow,

Henry

• My name is Gabriela Grau. I clicked that I am attending. Will my name be on the list when I come tomorrow?

• Gabriela, you appear to be on the attendance list as @user126680.

Would you please update your forum username to something more recognisable? It would greatly help volunteers to cross check attendee names against the list.

• How do I do that? I am trying but with not much success.

• Hi @user126680 / Gabriela,

if you scroll up and look to the top right corner, you will see your name (currently "user126880") and below that "edit profile". If you click on it, it will let you change your name, as the other's mentioned, ideally to something more recognisable :)

Many thanks!

1 Attachment

• Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 22.06.50.png
  • Nice to meet you guys in Jan's group...see you on another ride soon!

• Likewise Gez, great meeting you all.

• Likewise @gez & @JamesFarnhill, well done on the session today & looking forward to seeing you out on the roads soon!

• Hi guys, just want to check, I've already payed the membership fee and attended the session yesterday. How will I know once I am approved as a member (mainly because I want to book a place on one of the Tues/Weds/Thurs Eve rides, which I don't see a section for on the forum currently) thank you!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 17 April 2021

Posted by Avatar for Zac @Zac

Actions