You are reading a single comment by @Ben_Granger and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi @Zac I did my intro class and have just bought a membership of the club. Insurance wise - Do i need anything else e.g. through British Cycling Association membership or does the club insurance's sufficient?
    Thank you,
    Ben

• Hi @Ben_Granger, nothing is required insurance wise to be part of the club, though you can always get extra insurance if you wish. We have club insurance for club rides and events, but I'm not too sure what that actually covers.

You get a year's free Bronze British Cycling membership when you join the club (if never been a BC member before), which gives you liability insurance and legal support. Details here

It's worth noting that after one year when you renew your ICC membership, BC membership renewal is actually separate, they are not linked. As you can be an ICC member without being a BC member.

Many members also choose to take out additional cycling insurance, as BC is liability and doesn't actually cover your own bike/medical/transport etc. There is a long discussion about insurance on this thread with plenty of recommendations and people's experience. We also get a discount as club members from a number of different providers, details on the member's benefit section.

Feel free to ask questions on any of the relevant threads.

About

Avatar for Ben_Granger @Ben_Granger started