You are reading a single comment by @AndrewMatth and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Beware of those. I don't think they are actually smart trainers, despite the name.

• This review prices it at £350. All of the turbos on Planet X look way over RRP, never mind what they might have sold for pre-lockdown.

• I actually have one of these, it's very good, quiet and smooth running and 'was' the cheapest direct drive trainer you could buy. However I paid £300 at Decathlon for mine 2 years ago, the price has definitely been inflated, Planet X are profiteering.

In order to make this trainer 'smart' it has to have a special 'Elite B+' attachment. You need to double check that it's in the box - some are sold together with the attachment, some are not to make it cheaper. I would double check with PlanetX, at the price theyre charging I would expect the attachment to be in there. If it isn't it's also sold separately.

If you must have a trainer right now and don't mind paying Coronapremium, they are perfectly good smart trainers, I've had no issue hooking up to Zwift etc. Even at that price, in the current environment it's still one of the cheapest direct drive trainers.

Any other Qs feel free to ask.

About

Avatar for AndrewMatth @AndrewMatth started