Group Skills - 22 February 2020

Posted on
  • Inner Circle, Regent's Park
  • 75.0% Complete
    18/24
  • Going 18
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.

If you are a prospective club member, completing this course will allow you to join ICC

We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers.

If you are new to the club and wish to become a member you will need to complete either a Group skills or an Introduction to Club Cycling training session. Please make yourself known to the ride leader so they can confirm your attendance to our membership manager.

Meet in the Regent's Park Inner Circle, at the big gates opposite York Bridge.

Zac,
    Development Secretary

• Yes I'm attending.
    Gilly Freedman

• Gilly (@user109541 ) please click on the 'Yes I'm attending!' button at the top of this thread, just above Zac's post, to register as an attendee for the Group Skill session.

• Hi all,

Hope you are all looking forward to this session on Saturday! If you can no longer make it, please remove yourself from the attendees list so anyone else waiting for a spot can sign up.

Also, if you can change your username from user12345 to something more recognisable that will help our membership manager more easily process your application if you decide to join.

• @Zac let me help out for once. Been soo busy so I’ll lend a hand this Saturday

• Hi Zac!
    Is there a way to know if a spot comes available for this event besides keep an eye on the sign up page?
    Thank you so much.

• Hi there, I saw a spot became available yesterday, so put myself down. I’d be interested in joining.

• Hello, hoping to join as a new member, commenting so I am kept in the loop if someone drops out of this session! Thanks.

• Hi @user109468 and @SofiaSevero we have found a few more volunteers to help out on Saturday, so I have increased the number of spots available.

• Thank you so much Zac, I've signed up already! See ya!!

• Amazing, I’m attending now too!

• P.S. Can anyone tell me if this ride took place? Was it Cancelled? Or cut short because of the weather conditions? or any other reasons(s)? I assumed the "training" would take place in the Park. Perhaps this was not the plan, and the group left the park after assembling.

• Yes, the ride took place. People were at the meeting point from about 9:15am. We left to do some laps of the park testing the group skills at maybe 9:45? We returned to the meeting point half-way through the ride and again at the end.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 22 February 2020

Posted by Avatar for Zac @Zac

Actions