You are reading a single comment by @SallyB and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Thank you both for replying so quickly. I am currently away but will be back in London by Sunday. I will email once I am sure that I am free on Sunday. Seeing as I am unable to join the Saturday laps or midweek rides I will probably try to attempt 3 Sunday rides. The first time going in the C group, the second time going with the B group and the third time I might try the A group if I can get the route beforehand as I am likely to get dropped and I will tell the leader that they should not wait for me.

Yours faithfully,

John

• Hi John,

We no longer operate A, B and C rides as we found 3 categories too restrictive for the number of people we have in the club now. We split into four groups: Black (fastest, hardest effort, approximately 35km/h average on the flat), Blue(30km/h average), Grey (25km/h average) and Green (Slowest, reduced effort, 20km/h average).

I suggest you start with a Green group (there will be a new riders group called every Sunday so join that one) and then move up a grade as appropriate. Joining the 'new riders' ride will also help you learn our group riding skills in a less pressured environment.

There is little point going along with a fast group if you don't think you'll be able to hold on for the duration, especially as we operate a no drop policy on our rides unless otherwise stated at the set off. It is unlikely that other riders in the group will let you fall off the back so if your speed is exceptionally slower than theirs then it is slightly unfair to join their ride.

All of our club rides are operated in the same way, you will find that only the distance and speed varies really.

About

Avatar for SallyB @SallyB started