Group Skills - 25 May

Posted on
  • Inner Circle, Regents Park
  • 100.0% Complete
    17/17
  • Going 17
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.

If you are a prospective club member, completing this course will allow you to join ICC

We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers.

If you are new to the club and wish to become a member you will need to complete either a Group skills or an Introduction to club cycling training session. Please make yourself known to the ride leader so they can confirm your attendance to our membership manager.

Meet in the Regents Park Inner Circle, at the big gates opposite York Bridge.

ICC Group Riding Guide

Alec James
    Development Secretary

• Signed up. Looking forward to it. Thanks, Jan

• Signed up also. Looking forward to it

• Signed up. See you there.

• Me too, just signed up & very much looking forwards ...

• Also signed up! Looking forward to it.

• Looking Forward to meeting everyone!

• See you on the 25th.

• Saw there is a session this Thu, so will attend then instead.

• Hey, where is the Thursday session, haven't seen that one yet? Would love to become an official member asap

• It's here - https://forum.islington.cc/events/4722/#­comment14735913
    Session was listed slightly down the page.

• Signed up and looking forward to it.

Rod

• Looking forward to attending the session

• Just signed up and looking forward to the session.

• To make admin easier on the day, could all attendees please change their forum usernames to something more easily identifiable than “user23653”.

We’ll be taking names on the day and it’s a headache to match default forum usernames to real names when the club activates new memberships.

• I am hoping to book into a group skills session but this one seems to be full. Will there be some more dates posted?

Natasha Rees

• Hello,

Same here will some more days be posted? Was looking forward to join as well.

Thanks
    Sokratis

• Keep checking back because quite often people drop out at the last minute.

On that note, if any of you who have signed up to take part in this session can no longer make it, please do give your space up so someone else can come along in your place.

• I'd like to join the group and signed up for the next introductory ride on 06/07, would be very happy to attend an introductory ride/group skills session earlier if the chance came up.

Thanks

• I'd like to join Islington CC, but can't make the next intro ride, or group skills session.
    Have you set the dates for the next ones?
    Thanks
    Mark

• If anyone has to drop out tomorrow, I'm keen to take your place. Tks! :D

• Yeah same here I have been refreshing the page for a couple of days

• Very much looking forwards.. thank you 😊

• Big thanks for running the session!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code