• Roll up Ladies!
    Our Weekend away dates for April 2019 have been confirmed!
    We will have the entire Bunkhouse to ourselves from Friday the 5th until Sunday the 7th of April!
    We will get the opportunity to break away from the Big Smoke for one of the first BST weekends and enjoy some riding in beautiful South Downs!
    Like in previous trips, this is a relaxed weekend, where all levels of riding are welcome and which we can organise depending on the participation.
    I will be updating this post with proposed routes and other tips and plans for the trip in due course.

The price comes to £28 per person plus an additional £4 for linen each and £5 for breakfast.
    All charges are per day so calculate x2. Therefore total per person is £74 for the full package.
    Breakfast (optional) includes: 2 slices of bread, butter, ham & marmalade, porridge, a piece of fruit, fruit juice and yoghurt. This is a bag prepared by Katie who owns the bunkhouse. If you don’t fancy this combination, you can always opt out and bring your own breakfast.
    I have requested to include linen and we can arrange to bring our own food for breakfast etc. for those who may wish to do so or just request the full package and keep it simple. If you have any dietary requirements, do let me know. (You can add it in the comment box before completing the payment at the club shop - I’d suggest to avoid the breakfast option and bring your own).

TICKETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE IN THE CLUB SHOP!

FACILITIES
    20 bed bunk house, split in to 4 smaller rooms of 8, and 3 fours. Beautifully and newly refurbished with separate bathrooms for him and her

1. Cooking facilities and big table for eating
    2. Log burner
    3. Huge lockable bike room
    4. Bike washing facilities with bike stand
    5. Outdoor picnic tables and garden

• Amazing roads
    • Guaranteed sunshine
    • Pub <2 min walk away and another 5 mins away
    • Tea room by the river 4 mins away with huge breakfast
    • Cake shop in amberley 10-15 min cycle
    • Amberley train station 5 minute cycle away, 1.5 hours out of London from Victoria and no need to book bikes on

https://www.southdownsbunkhouse.co.uk

Really looking forward to this!

Watch this space for more updates!
    Regards,
    Anthi

10/3/19 update - The Agenda:

• Arrive at Amberley on Friday. those wishing to settle in early and go for a ride, feel free to do so. Some of us will be taking later, evening trains and possibly arriving at the Bunkhouse after 9pm. We usually pack our dinner for Friday individually but there’s always a pub option nearby.
    • Ride on Saturday am, departing around 9. Groups to be agreed on the day to accommodate all levels. Typically we do a longer ride on Saturday, around 100km. See route examples further below. These include the odd food stop/lunch break.
    • Saturday Return at the bunkhouse after the rides in the afternoon, shower and go to the local pub “George and Dragon” for dinner and cocktails. Their menu can be found here. Please pm me your meal preferences by the 23rd of March to preorder our food.
    • Sunday pack our luggage and release the rooms. We can store our stuff at the bunkhouse and set off for another, possibly shorter ride. Options tbc. After the ride, return to the Bunkhouse to pick up our luggage and take the trains to London from Amberley. Should you wish to leave earlier, please let the rest of us know.

If you have a car and would like to help out, maybe we can send over food supplies by car for convenience instead of carrying by train on Friday. Please let us know if this is possible. :)

Proposed Routes
    Route 1 - 104km (tested)
    Route 2

- 100km loop
    Route 3

- Velo South loop (to be modified to connect with Amberley)
    Route 4

- 100km loop

About