Group Skills - 27 October

Posted on
  • Inner Circle, Regents Park
  • 52.9411764706% Complete
    9/17
  • Going 9
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.

If you are a prospective club member, completing this course will allow you to join ICC

We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers.

If you are new to the club and wish to become a member you will need to complete either a Group skills or an Introduction to club cycling training session. Please make yourself known to the ride leader so they can confirm your attendance to our membership manager.

Meet in the Regents Park Inner Circle, at the big gates opposite York Bridge.

ICC Group Riding Guide

Alec James (Committee Member for training and socials)

• Hi all,
    Looking forward to seeing you at the GS session on Saturday. The Inner Circle is currently being resufaced (hip-hip-hooray!!) and the works are expected to be completed by Saturday, so it shouldn't be a problem.
    We will try to confirm if plans change and update here, so watch this space.

Can I please ask all the participants that you update your profile name to something identifiable instead of @user12345 for example, so we know who is who and thus process membership for those who decide to join ICC after the session?

Please do let us know if you can't make it and make sure you click the button saying 'I can't make it' to release space for others who may wish to attend.

Please do bring your helmets. They are mandatory for all ICC rides and have a look at the guides at the top of this thread to see what's involved and get some preparation for the day.
    Last but not least, there may be a bit of rain, so please make sure you fit your mudguards on your bikes out of courtecy to our fellow riders. No aero gains needed here, as it's a slow training session. ;)
    Looking forward to meeting you lot on the day.
    Watch this space for updates. :)

• Just been updated that the roadworks on the inner circle have finished, so we're good to go! See you all tomorrow! :)

• I rode the inner circle yesterday - it’s like a velodrome now! See you all tomorrow.

• nice! see you all tomorrow

• Awesome!! Exciting! :)
    Unfortunately no potholes to practice on... but I have an idea. ;)

• Can the rest please let us know if you can't make it and update your user names as well if you haven't? Thanks!
    :)

• Many thanks to the brave ones who faced the cold last Saturday! Really nice to meet you and ride with you, it was a great GS session.
    The names of those who attended have been forwarded to the Membership Secretary and your membership can now be approved if you decide to join ICC!
    Hope to see you again on the road soon!
    :)

• Thanks Anthi for leading the session. I already applied for membership so hopefully will see everybody again on rides beyond the inner circle!

• Amazing! See you around soon then! :)

• Thanks Anthi Mike & Nick, great session on Saturday think i learned lots! looking forward to putting it into practice

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 27 October

Posted by Avatar for Alec @Alec

Actions