of 2
Prev
/ 2
  • Whittington Park. London
  • 88.2352941176% Complete
    15/17
  • Going 15
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Hi - I've clicked the I'm attending button.... Assume that means there is space? See you tomorrow.

• Hi Rob,

I am still attending the ride, see on Saturday morning.

Thank you.

• Hey what time will we be back in Holloway?

• Hi Alex-Mac,
    The aim is to be back sometime between 11.30 and 12.

• Tl;dr - 11ish

Depends! We ride to the speed of the slowest in the group, though a certain fitness level is assumed. 25 miles at 13 mph - two hours, plus allowances for traffic, punctures, regroup/ chat. If everyone is fit, I’d say 10-30 earliest, 11-30 latest barring disasters

• I won’t be able to make the ride tomorrow - have just cancelled so someone else can take my place. Will hopefully join another intro ride in the near future...

• Appreciate you letting us know @PhilippaK - hopefully see you out there soon!

• Thanks! I hope so - I’ll keep an eye out for the intro ride in August and hopefully get a place on that...

• If you haven't ridden with us before but are happy riding as part of a group, you are of course welcome to a couple of 'taster' Sunday rides with the club as a non-member. We meet 8-20 at the Holloway Road entrance to Whittington Park

• Anyone wanting to download the route to their Garmin - https://www.strava.com/routes/3310562

• I can no longer attend, something's come up - when is the next bunch?

• Hi Rob,

Will be there !

George

• yes still looking forward to attending , thanks

• Sorry for the late drop out. Really struggling with hay fever this morning.

• Really enjoyed the ride, thanks for leading Rob! 👍

• Hi Rob,

Thanks a lot for your lead this saturday. It was a really nice ride and learned a lot about riding in a proper group. So the question is: what's next ? Can I just join the club now (if yes whats the procedure) or you would advise to join another ride (if yes which one ?)

Thanks again,

George

• Hi George,
    Good riding with you. Membership is through the website

Your riding is good, you've got the fitness - either turn up to Sunday club rides (8-20 Whittington Park) or once your membership has gone through, join us on the weekday rides. You will get full forum access once you membership has been processed, and a club jersey in due course - I understand stock is imminent.
    See you on the road soon, and don't forget our chat about volunteering - the club is only as good at the people who step up and make it happen! You can sweep the September Intro Ride with me :-)

• Hi Rob,

Thanks a lot, I have completed the membership application and paid the annual fee.

Im actively marshaling on our streetskates, so i know the importance of volunteering but also the skills and responsibility that is needed for these "roles" and i know i have to learn a lot about cycling... but will see :)

Thanks again and see you soon !

• Hi Rob,

Id like to join on the next 'intro to club cycling ride'. Do you know when this will be?

BW

Tom Parker

• Also keen to join onto the next ride whenever it may be! Let me know - thanks, Nick

• Nick, it's here

Don't forget to change your forum name from user90519.

• Hi Rob,

I was a great introduction to the club last Saturday. I wanted to attend the Wednesday evening ride tomorrow, was it meeting at Wittington Park for a 6.30pm leave time?

Thanks,

Seb

• Hi Seb,
    Yes - see forum post here
    Have a look at our In the Saddle section which deals with regular rides, amongst other things.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

An introduction to club cycling - 07 July 2018

Posted by Avatar for Alec @Alec

Actions