Garmin Cycle computer

Posted on
  • Hi All
    Can anyone recommend the most suitable version of garmin for road cycling,

Thanks in advance
    John

• Or buy my garmin 820 so I have money to spend on the wahoo

• Wahoo elemnt Bolt £198.99 - Chain Reaction Cycles You can also use your 10% off voucher from British Cycling

• worth checking out this thread

• Wahoo Bolt.

• Wahoo ELEMNT if you are an old git like me and need a big clear screen.

• Thanks guys,
    I am putting the order in for the Wahoo

• Great work team, another successful convert.

• I started with a Garmin 800. Three (free) replacements and a couple of upstairs from Garmin support, I am now sending my 1000 back for a replacement. Wonder if it will be another 1000 or the 1030.

• What’s happened to your 1000 David? I view mine with a mixture of disdain, admiration, disappointment, confusion and mistrust.

• I had a horrible experience with my Garmin recently and had to do a full factory reset. I was having to recharge the device after 90-100km and it was touch n go whether it would crash or not.

Changes made that so far seem to have made a difference:
    1, Download velomaps and make sure only that map file is enabled (note: it is possible to have multiple maps enabled at the same time which makes it difficult to see the route, navigate and uses valuable ram).
    2, Upload all new routes to external memory card.
    3, Split longer routes into smaller segments of no more than 150km.
    4, Select external memory card as the default location to save activities.
    5, Purge saved activities on a regular basis.

Battery now lasts much longer and it hasn't crashed yet, fingers X.

• Mine stopped working properly at the start line of a tt a few weeks ago. Very irritating. No stats whatsoever.

Conclusion is you need to clear all the saved activities as Mike has suggested above.

• Hi what is better about wahoo rather than gamin. I just bought garmin 820 and thought the screen would be bigger. Any advice appreciated

• I rode to Brighton, guided by my Wahoo Elemnt Bolt on the included maps, which are stored on the built-in memory. Route was sync'd from my RideWithGPS account with no intervention and the ride was uploaded to Strava and TrainingPeaks while I ordered a pint. I still had 68% battery.

Fuck Garmin.

@Mags Check out https://forum.islington.cc/comments/1424­4573/

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Garmin Cycle computer

Posted by Avatar for LimerickJohn @LimerickJohn