Can I ride with Islington CC as a guest?

Posted on
Page
of 3
/ 3
Last Next
  • Can I ride with you as a guest to see if I want to join?
    Yes! First, let us know that you are coming to ride with us by emailing [email protected].
    You can come along as a guest to our regular Sunday club rides (or one of our introductory rides - see below). We meet at the Holloway Road entrance to Whittington Park, N19 4RS, for an 8.30am depart. We welcome new riders to join us as a guest for up to three rides of these rides. After that, you’ll have to become a member to continue riding with us.

How do I become a member?
    If you've come out with us as a guest and want to join up, you must complete an introductory ride or group riding skills session prior to having your membership application accepted. We recommend booking onto one of these rides as soon as possible to reduce the time taken to join the club. To book a place on our introductory rides or group riding skills sessions go to the clipping in section of our forum. Then you'll need to apply and pay here.

• Hello,
    I would like to know what I have to do in order to ride as a guest.

Kind regards

• +user84835
    You can come along as a guest to our regular Sunday club rides (or one of our introductory rides - see below). We meet at the Holloway Road entrance to Whittington Park, N19 4RS, for an 8.30am depart. We welcome new riders to join us as a guest for up to three rides of these rides. After that, you’ll have to become a member to continue riding with us.

Bring:
    Stuff to fix your bike - a pump, puncture repair kit, spare inner tubes and tools. Plus snacks and water to keep you going. Wear appropriate clothing for the weather and have a set of lights for early morning/evening rides.

• Hi, I was wondering if I have to register first in order to go on the sunday group ride?

• You can come along as a guest to our regular Sunday club rides without needing to register (or one of our introductory rides if places are available - this does require registration as places are limited). We meet at the Holloway Road entrance to Whittington Park, N19 4RS, for an 8.30am depart. We welcome new riders to join us as a guest for up to three rides of these rides. After that, you’ll have to become a member to continue riding with us.

Bring:
    Stuff to fix your bike - a pump, puncture repair kit, spare inner tubes and tools. Plus snacks and water to keep you going. Wear appropriate clothing for the weather and have a set of lights for early morning/evening rides

Introduce yourself, let people know you're new to the club and someone will make sure you're looked after. We would recommend you ride with a C-group as your first ride with the club, unless you are already comfortable with the rigour of a B or A ride.

• Hi there! I joined today’s C ride expertly led by Christian. It was great and I definitely will be back.

Richard kindly lent me a water bottle today. Can you please let me know when you’ll next be riding so I can return it?

Thanks,

Andy

• +AndyBooth - Thanks. I have sent you a PM.

• Of course our club bidons are available to all members at an amazing price in the club shop...

• Thanks, +JonnyK. Ever the salesman...

• Hi, I’m interesting in riding with ICC. Could I come by on Sunday on join in? Anything in particular I should know?

• Hi, you are welcome to come on a club ride: we meet in Whittington Park off the Holloway Road for an 8:30 start. Let us know that you are new to the club - the question will normally be asked by the "compere" - and we would normally recommend starting with a C ride.

Guests can ride with us up to 3 times then you would be required to join the club to continue riding. Prospective members have to complete either one of our Intro Rides or Group Skills rides as a pre-condition to gaining membership - you can sign up for these on the Forum. See you Sunday!

• Would it be ok to start with one of the faster groups if I’m already a regular club cyclist?

• Hi you're welcome to try any group depending on your ability. The rules are the same - no drop rides, regrouping at the top of hills.

The requirement to complete one of our sessions applies to all prospective members, however they can be one of your trial rides with the club.

• Thanks. See you Sunday.

• Hello!
    Is it possible to ride as a guest (with a view to joining) on a mid week ride? I work in Kentish Town but live in Edgware. I ride with another club on Sundays (The Gregarios in Hatch End). Do you have different pace groups for all the evening rides (Tues, Weds and Thurs)? A work colleague is also interested.

Cheers

• I have just paid for my membership via British cycling website. Is there anywhere on this website where I have to update anything or will it be done automatically? I have done one of the beginners ride also

• Hello +DannyKudos

It's good to see someone else from the far NW interested in joining the club. We already have a number of members from Edgware and Mill Hill as well as quite a few current and ex-Gregarios as members of the club, so you would be in good company.

Unfortunately we are currently only able to offer Sunday rides as the trial rides for the club. Of course if you do join you would be most welcome on the mid-week rides. Could you perhaps do one trial ride on the weekend to see?

Our midweek rides do indeed split in the various pace groups.

I look forward to seeing you on the road shortly.

Best,

Jonny

• Hi +JacobE

Good to have you onboard.

+aidan processes the memberships in batches a couple of times a week. You should receive a confirmation and further details on the club shortly.

See you on the road,

best,

Jonny

• Infact I do them on Thursday evenings, so you should get confirmation through tonight :-)

• No worries @JonnyK . Will get down for a Sunday within the next few weeks (8:30am? ouch!)

• Hi,

I signed up (and got the confirmation email) to ICC a few days ago and wondered whether there are any steps I need to take to see the forum?

Thanks!

• Hi guys, I joined as a member a few days ago and Aidan confirmed it, however I cannot find the members area of the forum. any ideas?

• Hi,

My sister and I are both really keen to attend one of your club rides with a view to joining in the future; she is basically fed up of me getting her lost when on training rides by ourselves.

Would it be ok for us to join you on Sunday morning? Do we need to sign up anywhere?

Thanks Miranda

• @MirandaB we meet at Whittingham Park at 8.30am. As guests we highly recommend you try us and can do up to 3 times before you need to then sign up for additional rides. You will need to wear appropriate gear, ie helmet etc. (Check our website) and be able to ride at a suitable speed. Generally we recommend you start off with the C group that Christian and I help each week. Please check the website for the average speed to see if you are ok with this. If so, we look forward to seeing you this weekend

• @Gilles @JacobE has your access to the forum been sorted now?
    Welcome on board! :)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Can I ride with Islington CC as a guest?

Posted by Avatar for Shannonball @Shannonball

Actions