Group Skills - 18 January

Posted on
  • regents park
  • 68.75% Complete
    11/16
  • Going 11
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.

We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers!

If you are new to the club and wish to become a member you will need to complete either a Group skills or an Introduction to club cycling training session. Please make yourself known to the ride leader so they can confirm your attendance to our membership manager.

Meet in the Regents Park Inner Circle, at the gates opposite York Bridge.

ICC Group Riding Guide

• Hey,

Really hoping to be able to make it along to this one after missing my last time, I'm split between two cities so making it to a trial session is hard going.

I've entered a few sportives next year and doing london to amsterdam with my work.

• Ello.....
    Do really hope to be gng on this ride...what kind of weather conditions would probably cancel such groupskills taking place? Plus do you get a sort of reminder when the day gets closer...age is getting the better of me.

• Hi Rob, I'm pretty sure only torrential rain or ice would cancel the session (it's very rare that you'll get ice on the inner circle but if there's danger of ice on your journey please put your safety first).

There's no reminder as such, but if you receive notifications when someone posts to this thread, you should see a few emails come through to you in the lead up. Maybe set up a reminder of your own to make sure you don't miss out.

• Thank you for the reply.....didnt wanna be stranded twiddling me thumbs by the bridge hoping for something to happen. Dont worry i shall remember...will have the bicycle all ready by the front door the previous day.

• BUMP

Hello All,

Don’t forgot to cancel your attendance if you can’t make this anymore, thanks!

• I need to attend one of these rides however I am at university until late on Thursdays and I work all weekends. what do you recommend I do?

• hi, how late do you work on Thursdays? It might not be a problem if you join us a bit later on.

• I wouldn’t be able to get with you guys until around 8 o’clock as my last lecture finishes at 7

• Hi, when would you be available?

• every morning before 8am besides saturday and every evening after 6 o'clock except for Monday and Thursday

• Sorry to cause all the hassle but I've just received notice that my lecture has been cancelled and I can make it tomorrow night now

• Perfect! See you then!

• Thank you all for a enjoyable group skills ride. Will defo be joining soon.

• All joined up after Last night, thanks agains!

• All signed up today...thanks again

• Welcome both. Looking forward to seeing you on the road sometime.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 18 January

Posted by Avatar for Alec @Alec

Actions