Saturday rides?

Posted on
  • Are there any longer Saturday rides which go out with ICC? Or just regents park laps?

New to the area and I was hoping to head out on my first Sunday with ICC, but can't make that any longer. Because of this i was hoping to head out Sat instead. Ideally ~100km, avg ~28-30kph. Alternatively, can someone suggest any other groups who meet on Saturdays? perhaps a cafe run of some sort.

Thanks in advance,

• Keep an eye out here

• Hmm I suspect you need to be a full member to access that page?

• You do. Essentially there are no formal long rides on a Saturday (only RP laps), but there are usually a few people up for a ride, especially during summer (at least when we had it) and the details of those rides are usually published in the above link.

• Hi! Following the question above, I am not yet a member. Hopefully, I will have my intro ride this coming Saturday, and I hope to be a member afterwards. I am new in London, and I do work on Sundays. So, I would like to have a longish Saturday rides since that suits me. I wonder if there is longer Saturday rides to the members if I were to be? What do I need to do in order to be part of it?

• We have ad-hoc rides most saturdays, these are usually organised via the members only areas of our forum. Once you join up you'll be able to see the discussions where these are organised.

• The Intro rides happen on the first Saturday of the month - so only once a month - but you can join up to 3 times as a non-member/guest if you'd like to get a better taste before signing up, in case one ride is not enough. There was an intro ride just this last Saturday so the next one will be in early January. I hope this makes is a bit more clear!
    (On another note...you'll definitely sign up because the club is another great place to be...so why wait? Hahaha! :))) )
    Just joking. But do feel free to join the upcoming intro rides if you feel like it! :)

• Hi! I just want to check if there is Saturday rides this weekend? I believe it was starting at Regent's park at 0700 for the fast group at 0800 for not so fast group. Can anyone verify this please?

• Hey @Engin that's correct. Not sure what the numbers will be like tomorrow, but I'm sure there will be some people at the 8am session (8am still has fast people). People meet north of the park, opposite the giraffes.

(do you have full forum access yet? if you do, you can get information here: https://forum.islington.cc/conversationsĀ­/313356/ , if not it should be coming soon)

• Thank you James! I do not think I have full access to the conversations. But, maybe I do not know how to access. So, I can ask you guys tomorrow. I also want to mark ICC as my club at Strava and I think I request membership already, but not yet approved. I am hoping to be there at 0800 tomorrow. Best wishes!

• Apologies in advance as I wasn't sure where to post this, are the Saturday morning regents laps open to non members as well? I have done a group skills ride and keen too start riding with the club as I have time off work/university. Hopefully I shall see some of you guys on Saturday morning!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Saturday rides?

Posted by Avatar for djh @djh

Actions