Group Skills - 12 October

Posted on
  • Regents park
  • 93.75% Complete
    15/16
  • Going 15
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.
    We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers!

If you are new to the club please make yourself known to the ride leader so they can confirm your attendance to our membership manager.

Meet in the Regents Park Inner Circle, at the gates opposite York Bridge.

ICC Group Riding Guide

• I'd like to come along to this session to try it out.

• I would really like to join ICC this month, is there any room for one more to join this group skills session?

• Hi @Carara I'll drop out and you can take it, since I've just joined and don't need to come to this

• Ah that's really nice of you, thank you!! :)

• I am looking at joining the club and need to undertake a group skills ride. when is the next available?

• Hi Coxy,

You may find that people pull out of this session quite late in the day, so you could probably get in on it if you keep a beady eye out (if people kindly remember to remove themselves from the event if they can no longer make it!)

Failing that, the next group skills session is on the 28th of October, you can sign up to it here: https://forum.islington.cc/events/3363/#­comment13850910

• thanks SallyB, just added onto it.

• @Coxy, if you're still interested in attending tomorrow's session, it looks like a spot has opened up for the moment

• I’m looking into joining your club so have just signed onto the one on 28th. Looking forward to it.

• Hi All
    Iam a new member and I would like to come along for a skills session
    Can anyone advise is there any spaces available
    Cheers
    Kevin

• Hi Kevin,

There's a space on the session tonight (just click attending above before someone else nabs it) or you can sign up to the one on the 28th, as mentioned above.

• Hello,

I would love to join tonight if possible. I can see it is full, but can fill a spot if one becomes available throughout the day!

My only concern is that I 'll be on my "commuting" bike, rather than my road bike - is that going to be a problem?

I'm booked in for the 9th Nov if not, so can wait until then.

Cheers,
    Emma

• Hi Emma,

Certainly not a problem at all, the session is focused on good group riding skills, not speed. As long as your bike is in good working order, you'll be just fine.

• I'll be attending this evening to improve my group riding skills.
    Just checking that that York Bridge is on the south side of the park. The location arrow on the map is on the north side. Thanks

• Hi, yes it is outside the gates to the park, where York Bridge meets the Inner Circle.

See you later! I should be there before 6:30 so if in any doubt just go round and round the inner circle until you see someone in an Islington Jersey!

• Hi guys,
    Huge issues at work today mean I shan't be able to leave in time to get to this session. I'm gutted but please someone take my spot - I'll join another ride! :(
    Thanks,
    Flo

• Hi all, unfortunately I can't make it this evening either due to work commitments...

• Great job today everyone! Well done and we hope to see you in ICC rides soon! If you intend to become a member, let the ride leaders know your names so @Eva can approve your membership!
    Cheers! :)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 12 October

Posted by Avatar for Alec @Alec

Actions