Group Skills - 10 August

Posted on
  • Regents Park, London
  • 58.8235294118% Complete
    10/17
  • Going 10
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.
    We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers!

If you are new to the club please make yourself known to the ride leader so they can confirm your attendance to our membership manager.

Meet in the Regents Park Inner Circle, at the gates opposite York Bridge.

ICC Group Riding Guide

• Bumping this to the top for anyone who wants to join us on a Group Skills Session next week.

• Hi there,

Please can i attend the session on Thurs (10/08). I've been for 1 sunday ride and want to complete the groups skills session in order to complete my membership. :-)

Many thanks,
    Josh

• Just click "Im attending" at the top of this page, and come along.

• Thanks Alex, done. I failed the first test....

• pt. 2 - turn up at the right place at the right time.

You can do this!

• @jlpicken1 Don't turn up at 6.30 am like I nearly did!

• @jehartshorne, @Naomi, @djh, @AndrewMatth, @HeatherKuta @Michael, @NickHausman, @VickyB, @user79944, @Luke_C, @SuzyC, @iainstu, @jlpicken1
    Hope you are looking forward to group skills on Thursday. We'll be meeting on the inner circle, opposite York Bridge Road at 6.30.

• Great. It's been a while since I was last out with ICC, so looking forward to re-connecting!

• Sounds good. Quick question, is there anywhere to leave a backpack? I will be coming straight from work so will have some gear with me. Otherwise i'll just have to carry it I guess.

• Looking forward, How long do these rides normally take btw?

• @Luke_C - Unless you want to lock it to the fence, there's no-where really to leave it. It's not usually a fast ride, so if it's small you shouldn't have problem.

@Andrewmatth - Usually just a bit longer than an hour.

• Sorry guys. Just been told I must stay behind to finish something at work. Will sign up to the next one!

• Thanks very much all! Great session. Hope everyone learnt something, and enjoyed it. Hope to see you all around soon.

• Hi there

Thanks to Lindsey and James and the other friendly ICC people for hosting us this evening - it was a great session and did learn a lot... Now to practise!

See you at a club ride and thanks again.

Iain.

• I put my membership through today. I did this skills session and two B spins - North London hills yesterday. Cheers, John

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 10 August

Posted by Avatar for Alec @Alec

Actions