Group Skills - 19 August

Posted on
  • Regents Park, London
  • 82.3529411765% Complete
    14/17
  • Going 14
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.
    We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers!

If you are new to the club please make yourself known to the ride leader so they can confirm your attendance to our membership manager.

Meet in the Regents Park Inner Circle, at the gates opposite York Bridge.

ICC Group Riding Guide

• Sorry stupid question- date at top of topic says 19/8 but thread has 10/8? Can I just confirm this is a Saturday ride and what time it sets off? Thanks in advance

• Hiya, I'm pretty sure this is for Saturday 19th August Group Skills session as there is already a session posted for Thursday the 10th. +AlecJ will correct the date when he returns from his holidays.

• Hi, Im also confused now :-)
    I think the original date posted was Thursday 17th Aug.
    Thanks

• Hi Beatriz, list below of all the up and coming dates for Intro Rides (IR) and Group Skills sessions (GS). I can confirm that this thread is for Saturday 19th August's Group Skills session. We meet @ 09:30 at the gates (opposite York Bridge) on the Inner Circle. The session lasts around 90 minutes.

August:
    IR - Sat 5 August
    GS - Thurs 10 August
    GS - Sat 19 August
    GS - Thurs 24 August

September:
    IR - Sat 2 September

• Thank you for the clarification :-)

• Hi there, hoping to join the club. So I just show up to this on the day? Thanks

• Hey. Just click "im attending" above and then just rock up on the day :).

• Time of day fixed! Just to confirm that its 9:30 in the morning as usual :)

• Hi everyone, I'll be leading this session. Please let us know if you cant make it any more so we can have a firm idea of numbers.

Thanks!
    Alec

• Hi,
    I would like to attend the session on the 24th if that is ok. I've just started work in London and am looking for a cycling group to join.
    Thanks
    Patrice

• 11th hour technical issue! Slow puncture in my tubeless tyre and no sealant :/

Going to try sort it for the morning but might not make and don't have anyone's number to text/call sorry.

Edit: sorted! I'll be there assuming don't get lost

• Good riding with you all today. Hope to see you out on some club rides in future. Feel free to ask in this thread if you have any questions about group skills, ICC or just cycling in general.

• Today was a lot of fun and a great to meet everyone... favourite moment was when Alec was confused with someone far more influential in the cycling community... hope to see a few of you on the weekend rides

1 Attachment

• Alex AKA Froome.jpg
  • No confusion there! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Thank you :-), great introduction to group cycling.
    looking forward to join the club
    Best, Beatriz

• Haha! I need an autograph @AlecJ!๐Ÿ˜‚

Great bunch yesterday guys! Hope to see you soon out there! :)

• Sounds great fun! can I please have the names of those that attended so that I can process membership applications. Thanks. Eva

• Great intro guys and sent my monies to join ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 19 August

Posted by Avatar for Alec @Alec

Actions