You are reading a single comment by @user79231 and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi guys, keen to join but a few quick questions.

I spent most of the day on the Great Escape in May riding with a group of ICC cyclists - the guys and gals suggested this would count as an intro ride? Or do I need to do a formal one? (if so, when is the next one?)

I'm already a member of British Cycling but as a 'Ride' member, not a 'Race' (which seems to be included free in ICC membership fee). Is this an issue? Do I need to change my membership type and/or level? It's all a bit confusing.

• Hi @user79231 you still need to take part in a formal skills session, either the Intro Ride or the Group Skills Session. Since you did the Great Escape I would recommend the Group Skills session. In fact if you are free tonight we are running one at 6:30pm.

If you can't make it tonight, then we have a number of other Group Skills sessions running every month, just sign up to one of these. In the meantime as a non-member you are more than welcome to join us on up to 3 club rides before needing to sign up.

As for BC membership, 'Ride' is more than fine (it's what I have). So no need to change anything.

About

Avatar for user79231 @user79231 started