Group Skills - 22 June 2017

Posted on
  • regents park, london
  • 76.4705882353% Complete
    13/17
  • Going 13
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.

We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers!

Meet in the Regents Park Inner Circle, at the gates opposite York Bridge.

ICC Group Riding Guide

• Think I could do with a refresh of my skills (and so that I can help volunteer at future sessions)....

I'm in.

• Long term cyclist: keen to find out how to participate and enjoy group riding!

• Hi can I put myself and a friend down for this (he's just joined but doesn't have log in details yet)?

Thanks

• Hello - I am new and I believe this is one of the required introductory sessions in order to join the club officially? I've paid and am a member.

• Looking forward to my first ride!

• Yes! This is just the ticket.

• Thank you AlecJ

• Going to be my first ride with you guys (first of many I hope). Looking forward!

• Looking forward to this, couldn't get on one of the introductory rides so advised to come along to this instead... Definately looking to become a member.

• Hi
    Just come back from a group ride in France and promised myself I'd try to join a cycling club. Really looking forward to joining you for a first outing!

Mary

• Mary, if you're free on 10th June do join us for our first Ladies open ride - more details here! https://www.facebook.com/events/20101179­72543242/?ti=icl

• Hi, how do I book onto an intro ride??
    Cheers
    Denise

• Hi Denise, If you go back a step to the main thread 'Clipping In' you'll find all the published Intro Rides and Group Skills Sessions listed. Unfortunately the next Intro Ride on the 1st July is fully booked. People do drop out so you'll need to check thread regularly (usually nearer the time) to see if a place becomes available. Alternatively, you could come along to one of the Group Skills Sessions held at Regent's Park. The next session is on Saturday 17th June @ 09:30. Just go to the thread and click on the button 'I'm Attending' and you're all done. Hope this helps.

• Thanks Mike

• hi all, I'm aidan, one of the club members leading this session tomorrow.

We'll be meeting in the Regents Park Inner Circle, at the gates opposite York Bridge at 6.30pm.

see you tomorrow!

• Unfortunately working late tonight so will have to drop out

• no problem, thanks for letting us know. If you do escape from work, come and join in later if you can.

• Hi Aidan, might be a bit late. What's the protocol if so, will it be fairly easy to spot you guys and join in?

• Yes, we will be in the Inner Circle of Regents Park for most of the session so we should be easy to spot.

• Hey, im coming this evening, I just got a bike this week and literally know nothing so looking forward to it,
    Sapphire

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 22 June 2017

Posted by Avatar for Alec @Alec

Actions